Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05' S-Works Enduro and really want to put a Marzocchi Rocco Air WC on it, but the stancheon is just a hair too wide on it to fit the eyelet in to the gap in the seatstay. I know this would void the warranty, but does anyone have any 2 cents on widening this gap a little bit by filing? It doesnt look like the material that is in the way is structural at all, just an overlap. Has anyone done this or thought about it?

·
Picture Unrelated
5,123 Posts
Terrible idea.

Does the shock have reducers you can remove or change? They're the silver parts at the eyes of the shock. They press into the bushings and can be changed from wafer thin to around an inch thick.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
zebrahum said:
Terrible idea.

Does the shock have reducers you can remove or change? They're the silver parts at the eyes of the shock. They press into the bushings and can be changed from wafer thin to around an inch thick.
Its not the eyelet that's the problem. The shock has a .5" wide eyelet with a .5" DIA hole, so it would use the same hardware as the Fox that comes on it, its the actual stancheon itself that does not fit. The eyelet is kind of short and the stancheon is much bigger than a Fox so it does not fit in the gap between the two mounts on the seatstay. The odds of me actually doing it are very low because i don't like the thought of it, i was jsut curious if anyone had run into the same problem/thought about it/ tried it.

·
Registered
227 Posts
How much would you need to clearance the seatstay?

·
I dig trails!
5,603 Posts
Swapping the shock will kill the warranty.

Your seatstays are out of warranty. Main frame is what is covered.

Now that is out of the way, start filing. :)

It will probably just hurt resale.

I did it to an Iron Horse Hollowpoint for similar reasons.

P

·
Picture Unrelated
5,123 Posts
Yeah, I want to see the aftermath from when that thing snaps!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts