Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2nd hand 05 Enduro frame. I have been informed that its has the slack geometry setting option fitted

How do I check that it does indeed have the slack option fitted.

thanks
Rb

·
The Other Dude
3,080 Posts
Check out your frame where the shock bolts up to main part of the frame. You will see a piece like i have pictured below. If it says on it "348mm BB height/ 68.5 head angle (low BB)" on it, you have the slack on in there. If it says "high bb" with different numbers on it, then you have the shock shuttle on it. If have the high one, and you need the low one, i have one here from my old enduro.

Attachments

·
The Other Dude
3,080 Posts
Theres no writing on it at all? Thats weird. I guess the next thing to do is measure you bottom bracket height, if it s 348mm, then you have the low/slack shock shuttle on yours, if its higher, then you have the high shuttle on.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jut8. sorry mate.

I was looking at the wrong bracket. (what a muppet)

I have the low BB shuttle. what will this mean to my riding I have just finished the build and plan to hit the trials on Sunday.

·
Registered
32 Posts
if you have the low bb shuttle, it means you have a slacker head angle which makes turning alot less twitchy but also slightly slower as the wheelbase is longer, also obviously your cranks will be closer to the ground. it's a better set up for long downhills but not the better set up for uphill climbs and general messing around.
i use my high bb shuttle pretty much all the time and the only time i'd use the low B.B. is on an uplift or something with alot of down

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.