Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
ride, eat, live
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just an FYI for anyone riding Maverick DUC32 forks and disapointed with the factory seals, Enduro Fork Seals (supposed to be the best in the biz) will have seals for that model ready in about one month, I called Chris Streeter at Enduro and he said to e-mail him requesting the seals and the minute they are ready he will e-mail you back letting you know

his email:
[email protected]

i called maverick because my brand new forks are bleeding oil like a stuck pig, they said they have new improved fork seals they are sending out to me. Has anyone switched to these new seals and how do they work so far????? any feedback appreciated

·
Registered
106 Posts
Switching tomorrow...

cbehnke said:
Has anyone switched to these new seals and how do they work so far????? any feedback appreciated
I just got the new Maverick DUC32 seals this week. Installing them Saturday and riding on Sunday. I'll report back in.

·
ride, eat, live
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, really want to hear

TrailDude said:
I just got the new Maverick DUC32 seals this week. Installing them Saturday and riding on Sunday. I'll report back in.
please post the results, i'd love to hear some first hand feedback on them. if they work fine, i may not get the Enduro's (gotta stop spending $ on this addiction)

·
Registered
106 Posts
They work great!

cbehnke said:
please post the results, i'd love to hear some first hand feedback on them. if they work fine, i may not get the Enduro's (gotta stop spending $ on this addiction)
I just came back from an urban assault ride. Lots of stairs, curbs, and small walls. The new seasl work much better than the old version. The stancion tunes are not dripping wet like they used to be but just slightly oily to the touch. Perfect!

·
Whatever
585 Posts
New Maverick seals are perfect

I have an '03 DUC32 fork and it was fine for a year. Then I had it warranteed by Maverick during their time in Vermont, they replaced the dropouts (the first 110 or so needed this), and replaced the seals with the crappy leaky ones. Two pairs of Magura pads later and I stopped by Maverick (I live in Boulder) and they put on an early pair of new seals. This was in December 04. It was a pair of seals that one of their shop guys rode without any problems.

Now I have 5 months on them with zero problems, the lowers are bone dry but the fork is just as smooth as it was two years ago. Doesn't matter if I store it upright or hang upside down. No need to spend $ on new seals.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.