Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to get my tracer vp built up for super d and endurance trail riding. Having a hard time deciding what way to go. I have read the reviews on them both and the fox seems to be a bit on the plusher side and the revelation is a bit more on the stiff side but i would like to get some oppinions from someone who may have tried them both and is not a magazine or company that gets paid for their reviews.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Tintr said:
Getting ready to get my tracer vp built up for super d and endurance trail riding. Having a hard time deciding what way to go. I have read the reviews on them both and the fox seems to be a bit on the plusher side and the revelation is a bit more on the stiff side but i would like to get some oppinions from someone who may have tried them both and is not a magazine or company that gets paid for their reviews.
If the fox is so plush then when do so few people get full travel?

Stiffer is always better, right?

Yep, go with the one that has 20mm.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you guys crack me up. I am not to afraid that the 15qr wont be stiff enough for me. If it was such a huge difference i dont think cam mcaul would jump the SH_T out of the one on his remedy. and NO he doesnt always hit the tranny!

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
Tintr said:
you guys crack me up. I am not to afraid that the 15qr wont be stiff enough for me. If it was such a huge difference i dont think cam mcaul would jump the SH_T out of the one on his remedy. and NO he doesnt always hit the tranny!
15mm would be stiff enough, it is just I thought there is a better selection of stout wheels with 20mm axle hubs - which was my guess you would want with a 150mm travel fork.. Personally (not trying to give an advice) I would use 15mm for under 140mm forks - though, yeah, they will certainly work for pretty much anything. I also prefer recent RockShox to Fox (did not try 2010) - and prefer Magura to both of them..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.