Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Commit or eat sh!t
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed these last week. Got the kit, shims and tools from Enduro:

https://www.enduroforkseals.com/id275.html

I got both front and back. Saw noticeable improvement with small bump compliance. Didn't seem to affect anything else like sag, low speed, etc. You can probably get away with just changing the rear bushing. Need the 40mm kit plus 3 sets of shims. Pretty good upgrade for just $30+ for the rear.

·
Outcast
8,588 Posts
Yup; did the rear shock mount on the X-fusion H3 shock from day one when I got my spitty. I was a believer after having the enduro kit on my turners. Made my own shims [ there are advantages to being a machinist] out of titanium rather than spending the $$ that enduro wants for some silly washers. Upgrades are allways cool.:thumbsup:
I love my Spitfire!

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
been toying with the idea. I think I'll do it when I blow up the bushing first. too cheap...:rolleyes:

hey rene, how much for some sick custom ti shimz? :idea:

·
Outcast
8,588 Posts
Bryguy17 said:
been toying with the idea. I think I'll do it when I blow up the bushing first. too cheap...:rolleyes:

hey rene, how much for some sick custom ti shimz? :idea:
For you?
Buy the kit, minus the stupid expensive stainless steel [heavy] shimz.
I'll hook you up. You owe me a beer, I don't drink the cheap shiet.
:D

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Renegade said:
For you?
Buy the kit, minus the stupid expensive stainless steel [heavy] shimz.
I'll hook you up. You owe me a beer, I don't drink the cheap shiet.
:D
I could probably manage something like that :thumbsup:

i don't drink the cheap stuff either...

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Cable0guy said:
Installed these last week. Got the kit, shims and tools from Enduro:

https://www.enduroforkseals.com/id275.html

I got both front and back. Saw noticeable improvement with small bump compliance. Didn't seem to affect anything else like sag, low speed, etc. You can probably get away with just changing the rear bushing. Need the 40mm kit plus 3 sets of shims. Pretty good upgrade for just $30+ for the rear.

Thank you for the info.

I already went through the rear DU bushing in 4 months of riding. Hopefully the needle bearing will be a bit more durable, given the amount of rotation at the rear shock mount. The added suppleness and reduced stiction will be a nice bonus!

·
Commit or eat sh!t
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nybike1971 said:
I already went through the rear DU bushing in 4 months of riding.
You must ride a lot! I ride the Spitfire once a week on average (got 2 other bikes :)), and my bushings were still good when I pulled them out (4-5 months).

·
Registered
238 Posts
one more question ...
any way to install without the special tools ?
I think buying the (expensive) tool just to use it once (OK twice ...) makes no sense.

oh, BTW, placed the order for a white large frame. Rob is on it, I hope he'll be well soon.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
TM1 said:
one more question ...
any way to install without the special tools ?
I think buying the (expensive) tool just to use it once (OK twice ...) makes no sense.

oh, BTW, placed the order for a white large frame. Rob is on it, I hope he'll be well soon.
just use some sockets that are the right size in relation to the bushings with some threaded rod and some nuts or a vice. the tool is nice but not totally necessary

1 - 20 of 35 Posts