Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was down at my lbs and took an '05 elite out for a test ride. I've been looking for trail bike in the 5-6" range for some local k-country riding and a run down the ski hill now and then. Anyways, long story short, the experts haven't arrived yet and I'm off to Moab in a week so I'm thinking the elite ain't such a bad deal...any thoughts?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what about the nixon?

yeah, the blue is pretty shiny, but i don't mind the anodized black either. My big concern has always been the nixon. I know the 36R is a great fork, but what about the nixon? :confused: does anyone have anything good,or bad, to say about it?
bbb

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Some bad, some good.

bandofbikingbrothers said:
yeah, the blue is pretty shiny, but i don't mind the anodized black either. My big concern has always been the nixon. I know the 36R is a great fork, but what about the nixon? :confused: does anyone have anything good,or bad, to say about it?
bbb
The first batch of Nixons were nothing but trouble. Take a look at some of the reviews on this site and you will understand. I have heard the problems have been fixed on the newer models.

http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/2005_front_shocks/product_124409.shtml

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool, thanx ronny. I've read some other stuff about the IT having problems too but I don't think the oem (elite?) comes with it so less to fail...i think it's a coil sprung rather than air sprung...and not much heavier...new releases can be a bit dodgy until the work the bugs out!

cheers
bbb

·
Registered
13 Posts
Elite not offered in the USA

The Elite Enduro is not offered here in the USA. I even tried several lbs to order it from Europe and Canada, however Specialized won't allow it. We have the enduro comp 130 and the enduro 130 which are the '02-'04 frame style enduros.

Where did you get your Elite enduro?

I am just bammed-out at the price increase of the new enduros. The expert is about a grand more.

·
Registered
215 Posts
seniorpapa1641 said:
The Elite Enduro is not offered here in the USA. I even tried several lbs to order it from Europe and Canada, however Specialized won't allow it. We have the enduro comp 130 and the enduro 130 which are the '02-'04 frame style enduros.

I am just bammed-out at the price increase of the new enduros. The expert is about a grand more.
The threadstarter is referring to the newer style Enduro Elite, with the Nixon fork.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
seniorpapa1641 said:

I saw those in the shop too but wanted the new frame. I live in Calgary, so the elite is at all the shops. However, the expert isn't...the shops either haven't ordered them or have it back-ordered...

Since i'm off to Utah tomorrow - and I'm impatient :p I went with the elite...I will post pics and how it performed when I get back! :D

as for the price, definately a shocker, but hopefully worth it! so far, so good!
bbb

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.