Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

In the process of getting a new bike for single track and light lift serviced trails. I don't really have the option of demoing the Bronson but I have ridden a enduro comp which I did enjoy. Any one with experience with both bikes ? My price limit Is 3,500. I can get 20% off retail on the enduro, which is tempting. Spec wise, how Would you compare the parts and overall quality?

thanks

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I also see there quite a lot of used bikes on craigslist (colorado). I am a little hesitant to make a purchase that big, especially not knowing a great deal on bikes. Any suggestions or advice would he appreciated!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Both of these bikes are very well liked bikes. I would probably give the edge to Spec Enduro for value, you usually get a pretty good bang for you buck with Specialized in general and you said you can get a deal on top of that. Something to keep in mind, Specialized just announced their first 650b bike so it seems likely that a new Enduro w/ 650b is coming (probably not in time for this riding season).

Re used bikes: It is possible to get a good deal on craigslist but if you don't know much about bikes I would enlist a friend who knows bikes to check it out and/or bring it to a shop for a good look-over before buying.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I think it is a safe bet that the Enduro will go 650b within a year but that is just my guess. Take this for what it's worth, I don't have any inside info and/or factual info to base this on.

Also, it is worth mentioning that just because something new *might* be coming doesn't mean that the current version is any less capable. If you like the 26er Enduro get it!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah so many choices!! really can't decide what to do. I know the enduro is more versatile . Thinking about purchasing Stumpjumper FSR Comp EVO 26.b, for single track in CO then maybe a status 1 or enduro evo for more shuttl/lift serviced runs.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Where in CO are you? I live on the front range and ride a Stumpy EVO. It handles everything that I get into but I don't spend more than a day or two a year riding the lifts.

There are a ton of choices these days for mountain bikes. The good news is that all of the bikes you are considering are amazing, better than anything around even a couple years ago. Don't overthink it, pick a bike and get out on the trail.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I currently reside in vt but moving to breckenridge area. I don't care for huge jumps after jumps. Want something I can ride on single track and some technical stuff. Don't see myself going over drops more then 5 feet. Feel like enduro comp is more all around bike . However, having 26.5 Stumpjumper FSR Comp EVO then getting a used park bike might be overall better suited as compared to to just having an enduro evo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts