Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to decide between the I9 Enduro 305 wheelset or the We Are One Movement wheelset with Agent rims. Never had carbon wheels before. Are they as fragile as people make them out to be? The Enduro 305 wheels actually cost more but are supposed to have similar stiffness to carbon without the delicate nature. Is there a good reason to go with one over the other? The bike is a SC Hightower which lives in the midwest, so rocky trails when I feel like driving 2 hours and mostly smooth trails around home. I'm also north of 200lbs so strength and longevity are conerns as well. Tell me about your experience with either set of wheels please.

·
The Fastest of Bananas
1,792 Posts
Trying to decide between the I9 Enduro 305 wheelset or the We Are One Movement wheelset with Agent rims. Never had carbon wheels before. Are they as fragile as people make them out to be? The Enduro 305 wheels actually cost more but are supposed to have similar stiffness to carbon without the delicate nature. Is there a good reason to go with one over the other? The bike is a SC Hightower which lives in the midwest, so rocky trails when I feel like driving 2 hours and mostly smooth trails around home. I'm also north of 200lbs so strength and longevity are conerns as well. Tell me about your experience with either set of wheels please.
We Are One rims are the real deal. They are super tough, much tougher than aluminum.

If you have any reservations, give Dustin at WAO a call.

What scared me about the I9s, is if I ding a rim, they have to be sent off to replace a rim.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
high pivot witchcraft
6,179 Posts
Agree with FastBanana. I have a set of 29er Insiders and Agents. Sweet AF and Dustin is a super cool guy. Designed and manufactured in Kamloops BC. Lifetime warranty. Reasonably priced. What’s not to like?

·
Shartacular Spectacular
443 Posts
We Are One rims are the real deal. They are super tough, much tougher than aluminum.

If you have any reservations, give Dustin at WAO a call.

What scared me about the I9s, is if I ding a rim, they have to be sent off to replace a rim.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
My interwebz sarcasm detector is flashing and chose "Banana phone" as it's audible alarm tone for this particular instance.

FWIW I've been riding the outlier WAO wheels pretty hard at DH parks in the rocky northeast for the past month+ and have been pleased thus far with their performance and resilience. A few small nicks and chips after smashing through rock gardens underneath my 215ish riding weight is pretty impressive-Time will tell though!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Picked up a pair of WAO agents last fall and couldn’t be happier. If they are still available you may be able to get the outgoing design at a good discount. So far they’ve been completely bulletproof and are still true. I was worried because I heard some people say carbon rims could make the ride too harsh but these are the exact opposite and really help mute trail noise. When I first got them I kept thinking my tires were running really low PSI. The lifetime no questions asked warranty sealed the deal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.