Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been away from this forum for a while, but have a sweet setup 2005 S-Works Enduro, 66RC fork, Fox DHX 5.0 Air rear shock, hadley hubs/deemax rim combo etc etc.

I just saw on the SX trail thread people talking about custom shock shuttles for the Enduros so we can fit longer travel shocks. I have been hoping to get a bit more to get a better symmetry with the 66RC Fork up front. Although the DHX 5.0 air does work well.

Where can these be bought from? is the a company making them? What shock lenghts work with them? and are they getting the same travel as the SX Trails get i.e. 6.75"???

I also want ideas of where could be good to lose weight. i was thinking the old deemax (non-tubeless) rims could be a good thing to change so I can have tubeless tires on it, and save some weight.

At the moment I am weighing around 18kg

here is a photo of my beast.

I am considering selling it also because I am moving home and in Tokyo it's a really expensive thing to do, although I really don't want to because it is amazing and I love it.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
""At the moment I am weighing around 18kg""

Wow, you weigh 18 kg or about 40 pounds? You must be very skinny and very young. How do you pedal that bike that weights close to 40 pounds too??

·
Registered
401 Posts
Never heard of a maker of custom shock shuttles- if you do a search you might find a thread on the difference between the Sx trail and the enduro and you will see that unfortunately, the shuttles are different between the two. I also inquired with bike techs who know these bikes and say it cant be done. What you can do is add a 8.75 in shock to get you more travel, it will raise the bottom bracket slightly ( a good thing imo) and make it slightly less slack which will offsett your taller fork. could you provide a link to that custom shuttle thread?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hi 'don' you might be thinking of the conversion to coil with an 8.75 by 2.75 DHX [ & a variety of other brands also fit] You don't need a new shuttle , and the travel will increase theoretically by 10% over the stock 8.75 by 2.5 unit , but bb height doesn't increase as it is same I2I , so the extra travel comes from a bit more squish . The threads on this topic started [ not surprisingly] in 2005 , as a way of replacing the crappo 5th element shock that came out on that model, but it is exactly the same for 2006 models. You obviously will gain a bit of weight but using a Ti spring mitigates this a little.There are alot of threads on this. This is the original thread , 1st successful conversion starts ~ page 7. There are 'issues'...
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?p=883581&highlight=enduro+coil

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.