Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Over the past year I have been bitten by the endurance bug. This summer I have gotten serious about training and had a good performance at the Cowbell this weekend. I know that my own fitness is the single biggest improvement that I can make to my overall performance. But I would like to make a few upgrades to my bike anyway. I work at a bike shop so get decent deals on a lot of parts, so keep that in mind.

Rush 600

upgrades already in place...

Pushed Fox Float
Maxxis Ignitors eXCeptions 2.1
XT 11-32 cassette
Formula Oro K18 brakes
Ritchey WCS alu. flat bar
Time ATAC pedals
Truvative crank (something we had laying around the shop)

I was thinking of upgrading the wheels to either Mavic Crossmax SLR or Stans Olympic w/lefty and AC hubs. Any other ideas for decent lefty compatible wheels that are under 700.

After that what would you all consider upgrading?

Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Wheels is the best place to start, I'd go custom wheels with Hope Pro 2 rear hub and some quality rims/spokes. You should be able to build them for around $400-500 or even cheaper since you work in a shop.

After that it depends on how much you want to spend. I'd say lighter cranks/pedals/seatpost/derailleurs & shifters.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Stans are the way to go...cheaper than slr's and still just as good (IMO). I would go with 355's laced to your choice of hub, this rim is a little beefier than the olympic and will definetly not hurt the bank. Personally, I have a pair of Olympics laced to a lefty hub and dirty flea rear on the way...I cant wait.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.