Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all. i have a scalpel and a carbon rush and am torn at the moment between which one i should use in an upcoming 100km race. i know the rush is built for this type of stuff, but to keep a long story short, if the scalpel could work, it would make things a lot easier...

any thoughts?

·
mad aussie
1,129 Posts
Most endurance events have a lot of dirt road between singletrack sections. Unless the course is mostly rough and rocky I would say the Scalpel would be faster, I find the Rush to work better over larger bumps and rocks as it seems to hang up less, but for everywhere else the Scalpel works great.
I think its telling that Tinker uses mainly a Scalpel or Taurine, but remember we are talking about a guy who cuts the chamois out of his shorts...........

Kevin

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah good point on tinker.... i am heading down to the south coast of nsw in australia for the mogo 100km race. from what i can gather there is a lot of single track and fire trails in between but not a lot of really technical terrain. scalpel sounds like its the one then.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.