Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

is there such things as endurance drinks? that would help you endure throughout the race? What are the main content that they usually contain? Kinda noob in this area. Anyway, are there any drink that you would reccomend?

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
There is no magic potion...

that will make up for lack of training.

All sports drinks supply carbohydrates in various forms. Some supply protein and some supply electrolytes. You can't endure for long without fueling, of course, but there are other sources for these things beside sport drinks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
alizbee said:
There are a lot of endurance drinks out there. How long of a race are you looking at? www.e-caps.com is a good place to check out some good product, and also read up on a lot of endurance info.

www.ride424.com is another place to read up on nutrition, training, etc...
Its a 2.8km course for around 3 - 4 rounds, so roughly it'll take around and hour or more, not too sure yet. But what do you reccomend? I was talking about those that are in powder form where you'll have to mix them and drink it. Anyone tried the PowerBar Endurance Sport drink (Lemon Lime)? i've bought a packet to try it out. Does it really work immediatly or do i take it during training/racing.

Theres another Enudrance drink in powder form by hammergel, how's it? anyone tried it before too? is it the same as the powerbar version or does it works better? comments please.

Thanks!;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If i do take the Hammer Perpetuem drink, doi take it before the race(if so, how long bafore tha race), or do i take it during the race? And is it necessary to have food with high carbs like bananas before taking it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.