Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Arrrgggghhh!!
281 Posts
I also ran a Pike for 4 months. Went to a Lyrik set at 145 for most climbing and full 160 for most decents. The Endo pushed my riding past the capabilities of the Pike as I am a bit heavy for the stiffest spring available. The frame is so stiff you immediatly start feeling (or thinking you feel) limitations of the 32mm vs 35mm stantions.

Keep in mind I ride such that I really had to consider going to the DT vs the Endo, so I like her built tough. If I was riding more towards the XC end I would have been stoked to keep the Pike.

·
T , V , & K Rider
2,342 Posts
I've been using a Pike 454 Air U - Turn on my 08 Endorphin and still like the way the fork performs but at times it would be nice to have the 160 mm option ! If I went with a larger fork like the 36 or Lyrik.......I would want the adjustable travel version ! I actually have a Lyrik coil U - Turn on another bike and it would be fun just to try it on the Endo for kicks ! I built the Endo with the intention of it being an aggressive xc trail to light AM type of steed and my XL sized Endo weighs in around 32 lbs and handles great ! Would like to send the Pike and RP23 in for PUSH mods..........hopefully this winter ! Did I mention the Endorphin is awesome......well it is ! ;) TIG.

PS : I'm curious how the 2010 Revelation stacks up in terms of stiffness and reliability compared to the Pike . You get 150 mm of travel and lighter weight in comparison I know....might be worth checking out as well ! A couple old pictures !

·
Fermented Grain Sampler
clinking clanking clattering collection of collagenous junk
4,165 Posts
I spec'd mine with the 454 Air Uturn too. Its been great. No problems. Well matched

·
GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
3,844 Posts
There is such thing as an ISCG adapter that'll squeeze between your BB cups and frame, however it won't work for the Hammerschmidt application. People have successfully made it work, but not without serious frame modification.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.