Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently on a 2016 carbon Norco Sight with CC DBINLINE shock and 150mm Pike. It's a great bike in its own right but I'm looking for something a bit snappier, poppier, more playful, that also climbs better than the Sight.

Is the Knolly Endorphin what I'm looking for?

·
Registered
178 Posts
That's def the endorphins strength. Playful, poppy, great climber. I will say that I was underwhelmed by the endorphins composure in fast rough sections, UNTIL I outfitted the rear of the bike with an avalanche CTD shock. Way way better than the db inline. Just a massive improvement in all areas.

I say this because it may really transform your norco like it did my endorphin.

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
I own the Endorphin and have ridden the Norco Sight (though not recently). I would say that the endorphin is more a lateral upgrade. It will be better in some ways ( more composed in rough and steep terrain, more active over rocks, stiffer, better long term durability, etc) but while it is a very good climber and is quite "snappy" and "poppy" compared to other Knolly offerings and many horst link bikes out there, I think there are other bikes that probably are more snappy and responsive. The SC 5010c, Turner Flux Carbon, and Pivot Mach4c come to mind.

Having said that, each of those bikes give up some AM/enduro capability to bikes like the Endorphin, and Transition Scout.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the comments guys.

KRob, you have echoed the thoughts I've been having. I have looked at all those bikes and others (intense spider, device django, spesh camber, cannondale habit SE etc etc).

There is really nothing wrong with my Norco, it's just the old N+1 itch has always got me looking. The Endorphin caught my attention as it's currently on clearance sale and is available frame only. Hmm.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Thanks for the comments guys.

KRob, you have echoed the thoughts I've been having. I have looked at all those bikes and others (intense spider, device django, spesh camber, cannondale habit SE etc etc).

There is really nothing wrong with my Norco, it's just the old N+1 itch has always got me looking. The Endorphin caught my attention as it's currently on clearance sale and is available frame only. Hmm.
there is a new sight coming out in a month and from the looks of the geo and everything it will be pretty rad

1 - 6 of 6 Posts