Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
Four by 4 Linkage™ ≠ four bar

006_007 said:
Pretty video editing. misleading information (Four Bar Horst Link Rear????)

IIRC, it is a horst link. Pivot located on the chainstay below the dropout within a certain number of mm of the dropout...was it 15mm? I don't recall.

I only know this because I was skooled by Jayem in another thread...I thought the Knollys had their own design, whereas it is really a Horst with their own actuation, known as Four by 4 Linkage™.

EDIT: Yeah, I see their mistake now...the calling Four by 4 Linkage™ a four bar

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Check out all three videos at that website (spokemagazine.com)

1. Endorphin at 44 seconds
2. Yeti ASR at 45 seconds
3. GT Carbon at 65 seconds

The Endorphin has noticable less lateral flex in the chainstays than the Yeti. They were tested back to back, and I believe this is the same section of trail. Different riders though may account for the difference. But they are both really good compared to, yikes!!! that GT @ 1 min 05s.

Check it out, very interesting.

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
I review bikes for various magazines and, without bragging, freely admit I can ride any bike I want at any time and without thought for bling. My personal bike is a Knolly Endorphin also. Like that reviewer I thought anything less than a Fox 36 was undergunned

·
ride your bike
9,447 Posts
LeeL said:
I review bikes for various magazines and, without bragging, freely admit I can ride any bike I want at any time and without thought for bling. My personal bike is a Knolly Endorphin also. Like that reviewer I thought anything less than a Fox 36 was undergunned
You don't know how awesome this is to read for me! It was a snap decision to order a blowout Endorphin frame versus wait for the next/newest/bestest thing. Also decided on a 36 float for it...screw the talas, if need be I'll adjust it down to 150mm. Don't think it'll be necessary though.

So stoked to build up a Knolly! :thumbsup:

Does anyone else like the looks of the Endo over the Chilcotin anyway? I do.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have been very happy with my '11 36 Float on my new Endorphin and doubt you'll want/need to adjust the travel. I did find a longer (100mm) stem necessary for regular xc-ish riding where I like to climb (or at least attempt) granny-32T cog tech and steep climbs. And swap out to a shorter stem for any riding that includes more fun down.

Knolly's all look basically the same since they're the same design but I do prefer the more stealthy paint/graphics of the other models.

·
ಠ_ಠ
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Marshall Willanholly said:
I noticed in the review posted by mattypee, they say the head tube angle is 68.5°, but the Knolly site says 67°. Has the geometry changed for 2011?
I don't think Spoke did their own measurments and took it straight off the Knolly site at the time. AFAIK, there haven't been any changes to the Endorphin, just the realization that most people are going to use a bigger fork with this frame, and the current geo chart now reflects that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.