Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
holymtb
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dulyebr said:
of course I agree with the review so I think it's good. But, I have to say it wasn't all that well balanced. 4/5 on bikeradar.com it's unusally high of a rating. Wonder why they nicked a star?
Dunno know. Could be the English harboring some long forgotten grudge against a former colony.

I just got the latest Mountain Bike Action and their 2010 buyers guide does not include Knolly bikes. Highly insulting!

Good news. My son found a used Endorphin, so now he does not need to steal my bike when we hit a fun section of the trail.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Is the Endo really "US-made"? Or is it just common UK practice to lump all North American countries together? I thought it was made in Canada by people that knew what real bikes should taste like. Did my world just come crashing down?

·
shh. don't tell the wife
354 Posts
Bits and pieces from the US and Canada, but conceived, designed and tested in Canada AFAIK.

If Knolly were inspired by the hills in Marin county rather than the mountains in North Van you can bet i wouldn't be riding one.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
thats one of the main problems with most of the big uk mags, thier reviews are always biased.
open up any of thier mags mbuk.mbr.wmb... and there will be the usual spread. top what ever bike rated and tested. then go the reviews very similar to the one posted above.
then you will get one of the big manufactuers bikes reviewed and it will be glowing report all singin all dancing best bike ever. rated 9 out of 10 ect ect ect then 3 pages in to the mag there will be a maasive double page advert for that very bike.
hmmm seems that somtimes you can buy good publicity and good reviews.

like one of the guys i was riding with in whistler said. it was annoying to watch the bike radar guys freeloading at crankworx. going round all the stalls taking freebies. demoing all the dh and free ride bikes. the best thing is they dont even review dh bikes in the mags over here.
or if they do it's very rare. it's usually entry level hardtails and 4-5-6 inch travel xc and all mountain rigs.
and they also seem to favour uk brands like orange hope and pace.

unfortunatly to the uneducated few i think alot of people over here refare to you canadians as north america, even though you are your own seperate country that just happens to share a border with the usa.
if you guys want to get your own back on us then you should associate us with france and germany. :nono: :nono: :eekster: :) :) ;) ;) :D

·
Registered
102 Posts
UK rider here and agree with the bias in MBR, WMB and MBUK. Singletrack and Dirt being the only UK mags I'll buy. US wise, I'll buy Bike Mag although its getting harder to find over here what with Borders going bump!

·
Registered
783 Posts
I would guess from the title 'Versatile freeride rig ......' that that might be it.
They slant heavily toward XC, doesnt sound like they know much about freeride.
They gave the blur LT 5 stars. That should explain what they like:rolleyes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.