Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
You Guys Riding?
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The long awaited new ride finally showed up at my door last week (Woo Hoo!!). It's been a fun process picking out the specs. I wasn't sure how the white handlebars would go over, but I am very pleased with the outcome.

Noel, you guys do such a killer job over there. This thing looks absolutely beautiful!

Unfortunately, i haven't gotten much riding time in yet, because it's been raining almost every day since it arrived. I did manage to get out for a short loop yesterday though. Overall, it's a killer bike. I think I need to work on some tuning with the fork, as it's a highly adjustable monster. I was getting kicked around a little bit yesterday, and I was expecting a little more of a bull dozer feel. Fortunately for me, I did get to test ride one of these at Gooseberry and I know the feel of a well tuned Endorphin. It's hard to beat.

I'll try to post up some more ride reports as I get things a little more dialed in. Enjoy :thumbsup:

My riding partner, Skyler, approves!

frame -- Knolly Endorphin w/ RP23, gunmetal, med
fork -- RS Lyrik U Turn Coil
headset -- Cane Creek
wheels -- DT 5.1 w/ Hope Pro II
brakes -- 08 Avid BB7, 180 front, 180 rear
handlebar -- Syncros
stem -- Syncros
seatpost -- Syncros
saddle -- Syncros
crankset -- XT w/ Syncros Bash Guard
pedals -- Time
cassette -- SRAM
shifters -- Sram X-9
front D -- Shimano XT
rear D -- SRAM X-9
tires -- Schwalbe Nobby Nic front, Schwalbe Fat Albert rear

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Bike looks great!. Congrats!.
This 4x4 is very interesting. I am sure it works well, but how reliable and maintanace free is it?. Also, most AM bikes have some reinforcement between the top and seat tube of the front triangle and the Endo has none. Any reason for that?. Just curious.
Enjoy this beauty Lev!.

·
ಠ_ಠ
3,190 Posts
GreenBonty said:
Bike looks great!. Congrats!.
This 4x4 is very interesting. I am sure it works well, but how reliable and maintanace free is it?. Also, most AM bikes have some reinforcement between the top and seat tube of the front triangle and the Endo has none. Any reason for that?. Just curious.
Enjoy this beauty Lev!.
I'm just guessing here, but the tubes on the Endorphin are really thick so gussets etc. may not be necessary. The Rocky Mountain Slayer has a similar configuration.

·
You Guys Riding?
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
GreenBonty said:
This 4x4 is very interesting. I am sure it works well, but how reliable and maintanace free is it?.
Reliable? Well, I've had the bike for a whole 4 days. Although I've only managed to fit one ride in during that time frame, I can truthfully say that I have not had to use a single tool or lubricant on the linkages :p It's just that reliable ;) :D

On a less sarcastic note, I think the BC boys have got things figured out as far as reliability and sturdiness go. Wouldn't be too overly concerned there. Just check the reviews for more on that.

·
You Guys Riding?
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
All Mountain said:
It's a beauty Lev :)

I've had mine for almost six months and still feels like new bike Cool-Aid :thumbsup:

Is the spring too stiff for you on the fork?
I don't think I need a different spring. I'm about 175 lb. and the stock springs are supposedly 160-180 lb.

I'll report back on the fork situation after I get a few rides in. I've never had to break in a coil fork before, because my last one was bought used. I think there is some breaking in to do, and I think I need to play with the adjustments a bit.

Don't worry, I'm sure I'll be jumping off buildings in like a week or so...

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
Lev said:
Thanks RZ. Definitely nice to finally have it in my possession. When is yours due for arrival?
I don't know yet. Still a bit, and it will take a bit more to get here because of mail and customs....

Anyway, I'm making do with a hardtail for now, I bet it will be a night & day difference when I try the endo....

·
Dr. Pepper drinker
1,640 Posts
That thing is looking good, better get it out for some more riding soon though, it's not like you need to find a place to live out there or anything. Should be ridiculously sweet once you get the suspension dialed.

·
You Guys Riding?
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks B. You're right, it's not like I have any obligations to tend to right now. Maybe you should take a vacation and lap it up with me for a few :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.