Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
annoyingly cautious
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what 29" tire on pavement? I'm considering an Endomorph- based bike for all-year use; this would include some commuting and paved routes to trailheads. I want to get a feel for the speed on pavement by putting a tire on my Karate Monkey that will roll about the same as an Endomorph on the road.
Thanks!
Dan Caruso
Reno, NV

·
Registered
14,312 Posts
I did the CDN GDR on my Pug with Endos at something like 15-18 psi front and around 20psi back...I didn't mess with them going from gravel/dirt to pavement.

If I had to give you a comparison I'd put a 2.0" or 2.25" Schwalbe Marathon XR on your KM.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
a word of warning. i pull my kids in the burly with my pug. i have a set of 29er wheels with some kenda karmas. it flys with them on. i got tired of changing wheels. so i tried the endos with more pressure. i pumped them up to about 20-30 psi i am not sure. when i was riding i noticed the tires were wobbling. it turns out that putting more pressure in the tires caused the side wall tears to become bigger.

two years of riding with 6-8psi beats up the side walls pretty good. just make sure you watch when you air them up. i wouldnt go any higher than 20psi.

as for rolling resistance goes its not bad. if you dont want to change tires you live with it. i went with only changing the front wheel. it makes the ride more stable. the endo will grab and wander. i dont change the rear because its a bolt-on and it has to be tight when pulling 75 lbs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts