Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just building my new Ventana El Comandante.. went to put on a NEW endless 19T (and also a 17T) and found it was too tight to get on the Pro II hub.. Anyone else had this issue??

A Boone was tightish, but went on fine.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I had a problem removing my cassette from the ProII. I guess the freehub body was notched a bit. I finally pulled it off (along with the freehub body). When I went to put the Surly spacers and cog on, they went on with difficulty. I assume this is all due to the wear on the freehub body by the cassette.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Endless cogs do fit tightly. If your hub has any raised notches from previous use they will need to be filed down. I have not put an Endless on a Hope hub, but I ran into this problem when trying to put one on my old Machine Tech hub. A little filing on the notches and it went on. It was still tight, but it did go.

FWIW, they even fit tightly on a steel Shimano cassette body.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I have a 18T Endless that fits tight... what's weird is that I have a 22T Endless that does not fit tight. So I was assuming it was their quality control or lack thereof. I'm using Surlys now with no issues.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Worked it out.. Just got a rounded file and worked the inside of the cog the smallest bit. Took about 3 minutes of fine tuning.. all good now! Thanks guys :thumbsup:

·
Registered
428 Posts
They should be easier to take off now. I had to change the order of the spacers after removing a chainguide and was a bit nervous but the spacers cam off with not too much fuss. Good luck!

·
I wasn't Kung Fu fighting
152 Posts
Endless cogs

might be the worst cogs made. I had to file the holly h*ll out of it just to get it on the hub... after three or four rides 2 teeth had disappeared. No I wasn't JRA, but I wasn't hucking shore style either... just hard XC. The thing is a total turd and this is the least aptly named company of all time. I'm not usually a hater, but their lack of customer service and crap products combined have made me unusually hostile.

King cogs are cheaper, last a LOT longer and are lighter. The King steel cog is a bit lighter than the Slurry and seems to last forever. Slurry's are relatively cheap and damn near indestructible.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.