Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told that you could run multiple endless cogs on a hub and that they would have the correct spacing to run a derailler. Has anyone done this? Successful? I already have 3, I am thinking I could add another 1 to the collection and run a 1x4 when needed. If this is the case I will be stoked

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Well, you probably can but there would be no advantage to doing this and some drawbacks. If I were going to introduce gears and a derailleur I'd go with cogs designed for shifting, not ones designed for no shifting. It would make the shifting experience much better.

·
try driving your car less
3,097 Posts
2morrow said:
I was told that you could run multiple endless cogs on a hub and that they would have the correct spacing to run a derailler. Has anyone done this? Successful? I already have 3, I am thinking I could add another 1 to the collection and run a 1x4 when needed. If this is the case I will be stoked
do a search, as this was discussed a while back. the guy from endless posted that it probably will not work. so i would not do it.

it is the surly cogs which claim to have proper spacing and to work for shifting.

for a 1x4, i would just get a cheap cassette and take it apart. you can get an entire cassette for the price of a couple endless cogs.

·
highly visible
3,284 Posts
Endless cogs are way too wide. If you alternated Endless cogs with DX or Novatec it might come close.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.