Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
13,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like it is to be by flood. :D

Regardless, I've scheduled my first ride of the afterlife for Sat. 12/22... it'll either be hotter 'n hell or typically cold, wet & muddy... whatever... I'm ridin' me bicycle either way.

·
Registered
96 Posts
LOL. But Genesis 9:11 says that can't be...

I'll be out there riding. I even signed up for the Strava Rapha Festive 500 challenge (ride 500 km between December 24 and 31.) I'm gonna get wet.

G

·
Darn it, just put a new battery in my watch. It is waterproof though, so I have that going for me, which is something...

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Looks like it is to be by flood. :D

Regardless, I've scheduled my first ride of the afterlife for Sat. 12/22... it'll either be hotter 'n hell or typically cold, wet & muddy... whatever... I'm ridin' me bicycle either way.
I'm riding as well, unless I can't score a sitter...or of course my tires melt off before I hit the TH.

Cheers to "the end"!

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I'm riding as well, unless I can't score a sitter...or of course my tires melt off before I hit the TH.

Cheers to "the end"!
The grips may go first. Yeah, I get to ride my rain bike to work and back. There is a good chance that I will be sporting a jacket and booties too. Will this be the last ride? Is this the last booty that I have to remember? I am not willing to accept those as my last experiences of true joy. I will be riding a mountain bike on December 22nd. Have fun and don't forget to duck.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
The grips may go first. Yeah, I get to ride my rain bike to work and back. There is a good chance that I will be sporting a jacket and booties too. Will this be the last ride? Is this the last booty that I have to remember? I am not willing to accept those as my last experiences of true joy. I will be riding a mountain bike on December 22nd. Have fun and don't forget to duck.
I actually hope it is raining hard on the 22nd as I just splurged tonight on a very expensive piece of technical gear (an overpriced waterproof jacket, Gore Alp-X) since my old $40 waterproof jacket gave out on me last Monday. Other than that, I had a great ride last Monday thru rain, sleet and snow to blue sky up top with no mud whatsoever and all trail. Was wet, but stayed warm for the most part. Let me know when you want to join next ride if you like.

·
Obviously Single
1,143 Posts
I've scheduled my ride for Sunday ... in case the Mayans experienced what we, in the new world, like to call an off-by-one error, and the world will really end today ...

·
Registered
489 Posts
I actually hope it is raining hard on the 22nd as I just splurged tonight on a very expensive piece of technical gear (an overpriced waterproof jacket, Gore Alp-X) since my old $40 waterproof jacket gave out on me last Monday. Other than that, I had a great ride last Monday thru rain, sleet and snow to blue sky up top with no mud whatsoever and all trail. Was wet, but stayed warm for the most part. Let me know when you want to join next ride if you like.
Where is this no mud you speak of? I've been looking for some rocky trails to ride besides syncline.

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
13,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Had a great ride on 12/22... Happy Ride with the Disciples of Dirt. Was gonna ride again today (12/23) but the weather never got better than 39º & pouring rain... so the GF & I saw a matinee instead... Skyfall (the new James Bond flick). Home now for some lobster bisque & crusty garlic bread plus vodka tonics (w/fresh squoze lime juice!) Good weekend... which ain't over yet... more to come I betcha. :)

·
Obviously Single
1,143 Posts
I'll never be Sparty ...

Had a great ride on 12/22... Happy Ride with the Disciples of Dirt. Was gonna ride again today (12/23) but the weather never got better than 39º & pouring rain... so the GF & I saw a matinee instead... Skyfall (the new James Bond flick). Home now for some lobster bisque & crusty garlic bread plus vodka tonics (w/fresh squoze lime juice!) Good weekend... which ain't over yet... more to come I betcha. :)
Wow. :(

My weekend sucks compared to that.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Was gonna ride again today (12/23) but the weather never got better than 39º & pouring rain
Dude you missed a good ride today, at least in my neck of the woods, but sounds about same weather as down south with upper 30's and pouring rain. Actually the condition of the trail I rode was better today than on Sat as the rain melted more snow at around 1000' mark. This particular trail that I ride this time of year is unique in that is seems to gets better with rain by creating a nice shreddy/loamy surface of forested covered pine needles and other forest folliage over the rock based soil. Descended 2600' feet today on two different trails in same proximity (would of rode more due to diminishing daylight). Snow level was about 1200' or so with some brief slushy snow patches at and above that (started ride at 100' sea level). Stay warmed with the right gear on today! Trails were a shreddin' and I didn't want the ride to end as I rode right up to 4:30pm. This is graduallly becomming my favorite time or year to ride as the forest was lit up in green with brown soil/rock contrast and feel like I have the woods to myself, besides a couple of good sized bear tracks I saw in the snow as well, so wasn't alone afterall :) Sorry no pics, maybe next time. Cheers to winter riding!!!

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
13,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dude you missed a good ride today ... a couple of good sized bear tracks I saw in the snow as well, so wasn't alone afterall :) Sorry no pics, maybe next time. Cheers to winter riding!!!
Pics or it never happened.

=D

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
For sPARTY!...

Pics or it never happened.

=D
Pics from today's trail ride in the Gorge on New Year's. Pretty cold in upper 20's, probably lower with wind, but still fun and great to be out.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Brrrr! Nice pics, but looks very cold.
Thanks, actually wasn't too bad weather wise (great to see and feel the sun beaming on my skin on the drive out and back). However, it was the first time I had to wear a skull cap under the helmet and pack a neck/face gator with me for the descents. Other than that, not bad at all, as long as you kept moving of course :). I am sure happy to have gotten four good/decent days on the trails in a row this time of year :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts