Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eric at MC HQ has hired on some help to get warranty claims so we can get some replacement frames out to those of you who've gone a little "too big".

If you are still waiting for a reply, need an update, or want to file a claim, please send an email to

[email protected]

Please include all your contact and shipping info
Serial number of your frame
Photos of your frame
Model, year, size and color of your frame.
Scanned copy of your purchase receipt with date, vendor, and price

We'll try to get you set up asap with your options to what we can offer to help you out.

Thanks,

Tim
Mountain Cycle
Tech

·
Registered
2 Posts
MC Slix Broken Frame

Hi,

my 04' Slix frame has broken during normal use a few days ago ;-(((.
I had a contact with italian vendor and distributor for warranty claim but they just proposed me a 50% discount on a new 2009 model (in 2008 production will not be an XC frame..).
Can you help me in some way ? Even if warranty has expired the damage seems clearly been caused by a bug on vertical tube.(Obviously I can send you some photos of the frame).
Thanks in advance.

Federico - ArcheoBike

PS: Hope to be again an happy MC biker ;-))

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
archeobike said:
Hi,

my 04' Slix frame has broken during normal use a few days ago ;-(((.
I had a contact with italian vendor and distributor for warranty claim but they just proposed me a 50% discount on a new 2009 model (in 2008 production will not be an XC frame..).
Can you help me in some way ? Even if warranty has expired the damage seems clearly been caused by a bug on vertical tube.(Obviously I can send you some photos of the frame).
Thanks in advance.

Federico - ArcheoBike

PS: Hope to be again an happy MC biker ;-))
For warranty service, please send an email to the address listed above. Please also note that 2003 was the last year Mountain Cycle made a SLiX, in 2004 MC began selling the Zen as their XC frame.

I don't know what you mean by a "2009 model", but a half price deal for a new Zen for your 5 year old XC frame after it broke sounds like a pretty good deal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
MC WARRANTY claims

Hi Twisted,

tks for your quick reply.
I bought my Slix in February "04, it was still available on italian market. Then later in 2004 arrived Zen. For 2008 Zen is no more in production and italian distributor has no more Zen medium frames available to apply the offer they proposed me. This is why I'm obliged to wait one more year to ride again a MC.
About warranty claim I'll try to send the e-mail you indicate in your post. Hope it will be useful even if I got my bike more than three yars ago.
Now I'm riding a Giant Trance. Is a really good bike, it works fine, but is a little more heavier than Slix. I hope that MC will propose in the future a good XC frame as actually are doing Intense, Titus, Ellsworth and Tomac.
MC is part of the history of MTB and must survive in the future not just for freeride and downhill bikes.
Ciao

Federico - Archeobike

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hello Tim, i hope be writing in correct post.

As you and Krien know, i was sent some mails to you, to Krien and more MC staff, and as you know i am still waiting to solve mi broblem with a San Andreas DNA broken in Agost 2007 (six months ago) the last new was by Krien telling me that i will get a new San Andreas at end of 2007 or beginig of 2008.

Please, can anyone give me information about it?

·
Registered
143 Posts
John Kafulides had contact me by mail, Krien is working on my issue.
I hope enjoy a new bike early, Maybe San Andreas v4? thas could make me happy after this delay.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
End-er said:
Hello Tim, i hope be writing in correct post.

As you and Krien know, i was sent some mails to you, to Krien and more MC staff, and as you know i am still waiting to solve mi broblem with a San Andreas DNA broken in Agost 2007 (six months ago) the last new was by Krien telling me that i will get a new San Andreas at end of 2007 or beginig of 2008.

Please, can anyone give me information about it?
From what I last heard, there are no San Andreas frames available yet. You are expected to get one when they finally arrive. The DNA frame that you had was from MC Kinesis and those frames have all been sold. The new owners are actually going out of their way to honor the warranties and concerns from customers who bought frames from MC's past owners.

Again, I am no longer an employee of Mountain Cycle and just help them as a part time consultant, etc. You need to email [email protected] he is Mountain Cycle's full time warranty guy who's job is to help customer's with warranties.

·
Registered
143 Posts
TWISTED said:
From what I last heard, there are no San Andreas frames available yet. You are expected to get one when they finally arrive. The DNA frame that you had was from MC Kinesis and those frames have all been sold. The new owners are actually going out of their way to honor the warranties and concerns from customers who bought frames from MC's past owners.

Again, I am no longer an employee of Mountain Cycle and just help them as a part time consultant, etc. You need to email [email protected] he is Mountain Cycle's full time warranty guy who's job is to help customer's with warranties.
Again, I am not asking you for responsibilities, i just think the people must to know how MC warraty is working actually. If you are not agree, i can open a new thread.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
143 Posts
thekiltedskier said:
Have you actually emailed John at Mountain Cycle?
Yes, and he told me Krien its working in my issue. I just hope finnaly the delay(6 months) worth with a new San Andreas V4 model.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hello everyone

Just a few public words to help clear things up a little.

Since we took over MC we have been struggling (badly) with getting new stocks of frames - both for sale and warranty.

If you look in our warehouses (in SoCal and the Alpes) you will see stock of:

Shockwave - the new Brushed finish are now in stock with Rocco coil overs. MX style graphics kits are on order for the factory look on the monocoque - or keep it showing that cool raw finish. We have no warranties on this bike - in fact the only one I saw broken was the early season bike we lent to Floriane Pugin, who later went on to win the DH Junior World Championships...

http://gallery.mac.com/kriendawson#100055/SANY0161&bgcolor=black

Rumble - is now available in the cool LTD edition artwork (as done by Chris Bourke). These are very Ltd, only a few left un-reserved. Once they are gone we will have the standard bike in brushed finish and std decals. Replaceable DO's are on order.
We have no warranties on this bike.

http://gallery.mac.com/kriendawson#100055/SANY0170&bgcolor=black"]http://gallery.mac.com/kriendawson#100055/SANY0170&bgcolor=black

Fury - is still not with us, it's due to leave Taiwan by week 20, so will be with us about end-May. Once these trail bikes are received we will honour warranties on any Mojo or Fury bikes (mainly it's the Fury rear swingarms' we'll be changing out) At that point we will have Fury's (in the new colors & with 09 shocks) for sale.

http://gallery.mac.com/kriendawson#100055/DSC04894&bgcolor=black

Battery - is our all-new Slopestyle tool, so it won't have any warranties waiting... We're hoping to sell these killer fast, so think about pre-ordering at your local store now?

http://gallery.mac.com/kriendawson#100055/SANY0115&bgcolor=black

Those of you already waiting for DNA's - then you will be issued with new front monocoques. You will be informed that these bikes are no longer covered for DH use - as was mentioned in the old catalogue... This is an extreme backwoods bike - yeah sure, ride it hard. But please don't come back to us when your 888's have damaged your monocoque... We were only able to make about 10 DNA's in the end, from older shells we had left over from when we dismantled the Portland stock. We are not re-ordering the DNA as you know it now.

Classic - is proving to be a big problem for us, we have no stock available and no certain date for possible delivery. We need to substantially re-tool to continue production, and this is taking a long time. We will keep you updated as we have news on this bike.

Now I'd like to make a personal message - from me to you... When we bought MC we took with it a massive amount of history, goodwill and responsibility (which is one of the reasons you've not seen us rushing out new product - though we are working on some exiting stuff for....).

One of the responsibilities we took on ourselves was that we had to continue to support you, the current MC rider. Obvious really - we are riders too, and even in this process (of giving you a replacement bike) costs us money... we truly believe that it's an obligation we have to fulfil... and we will, except that:

When we have no stock - then that means we cannot give you a replacement frame / subframe...

The moment that we have the container un-loaded, the first thing we will do is sort out the (actually very few - though nicely vocal!) warranty claims that we have not yet been able to resolve.

I know some of you have been waiting a long time for your frame, but please do bear with us, understand the problem from our side, and know that, if we have already confirmed your claim then we will resolve it as soon as possible... Thanks.

http://gallery.mac.com/kriendawson#100055/SANY0111&bgcolor=black

See more (including pricing) at www.mountaincycle.com

- Sorry I cant get the photo's to work!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi End-er.

Yes, we know and WE are sorry for your wait.

WE have not yet been shipped the stock that Kinesis promised us six months ago...

AS SOON as WE receive the warranty frames, WE will send them out to YOU.

Until then, we have nothing we can send We understand your frustration, we are equally angry... but please understand that Mountain Cycle closed it's doors. We picked up the pieces and WE WILL to help you out. Just don't shoot the messenger.... when we get these frames delivered we will send them onto you....

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi VeloFelo,
I'm very sorry, i know is not pleasant for you this situation. I read something about frames stock and thought maybe there is a SA frame for me.

·
anyone else smell that?
2,314 Posts
you guys don't happen to have any frame decals about do you?? i ripped up the 'mountain cycle' sticker that was across the top tube and would like to replace it.

thanks.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Stickers

Hi
No problem, just drop us a message to ussales or eusales (at) mountaincycle.com and we will sort you out with some of the stickers you need.

We've only got the older logo in stock right now - waiting for another batch of the new logo ones to be delivered (it's the story of our lives...). Normally we ask you to buy something; some socks, a tee and then we'l give you a bunch of stickers free...

Thanks for wanting to make your older MC look like new - we appreciate it, and are doing everything we can to look after our original customers 100%....

·
anyone else smell that?
2,314 Posts
i could always use some socks....so i'll email that adress and work something out. though, if you had ever seen me ride you probably wouldn't want me advertising for your company. ;)

thanks.

1 - 20 of 196 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.