Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are going to be doing a NICA team practice at the Emmitsburg trails this weekend. I've never ridden there and the last Trailforks report for the black trail (Trail Boss) on Trailforks indicates that the trail is closed because it was logged. We are parking at the parking area near Rainbow Lake - can anyone provide information on what trails are good to use? Is Trail Boss the only one that needs to be avoided?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Not sure if the loop is closed but the spur to the loop looks open, there was a trail note from 3 days ago for that. Also, was planning to take my youngest to the family loop and noticed Emmitsburg is closed everyday but Sunday for hunting.

We are going to be doing a NICA team practice at the Emmitsburg trails this weekend. I've never ridden there and the last Trailforks report for the black trail (Trail Boss) on Trailforks indicates that the trail is closed because it was logged. We are parking at the parking area near Rainbow Lake - can anyone provide information on what trails are good to use? Is Trail Boss the only one that needs to be avoided?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Rode family trail this past weekend (1/24/21). Was in great condition and very fun excellent for beginner/intermediate riders. I just started and been on 4-5 trails in Gambrill and the "Shed" and this trail was my favorite so far. Going to tackle the beginner/intermediate trail on other side of the lake next time I can get out (only on Sunday's during winter due to hunting).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts