Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I was about to post a similar thread on the EMD myself, have there been any changes over the last couple of years other than color options?
I have a line on a brand new 2010 EMD that would save me $100 off a brand new one, any idea if there were changes from 2010 to 2011?

·
the WALKING DEAD
229 Posts
I believe that starting in 2009, they tweeked the head angle to work with the newer 45mm offset forks. 2008 and older were based on 490mm forks with 39mm offset and 2009 and newer and based on 470mm forks with 45mm offsets. You can read more about it on Niner's description of their steel fork.
http://www.ninerbikes.com/fly.aspx?layout=bikes&taxid=120&parts=true
I think they made a small tweek for 2009 and newer to the chainstays. They changed the bend in front of the disc brake dropout so that when you remove the wheel the sharp edge of the rotor doesn't scratch your paint.
I don't know about any changes to the rest of the frame tubes. I'm pretty sure the top tube lengths, seat tube lengths, chainstay lengths have stayed pretty much the same.
I have a 2008 with a Fox F29 100mm fork with the newer 45mm offset and it rides nice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.