Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sing out if you are from New Zealand and have an Ellsworth. Cant seem to find any down under.................. Come out where ever you are......................

·
Registered
16 Posts
Whafe said:
Sing out if you are from New Zealand and have an Ellsworth. Cant seem to find any down under.................. Come out where ever you are......................

Why don't you e-mail Ellsworth (go to their contacts on www.ellsworthbikes.com) and ask then who their distributor in NZ is from there you should be able to figure out who the retailers are. EW respond well to queries, ie overnight. Hope this helps, good luck.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Whafe said:
Hey Whafe, better yet I just had a look on the EW web-site and found these dudes Give them a call

Bikesmith New Zealand
16 Saturn Place #5
Albany, Auckland,
64 9 414 1923

Col

·
Trail rider and racer
4,691 Posts
I think he was looking for Ellsworth Riders, rather than dealers..

Hey Whafe, if you ever cross the Tasman and come to Tasmania, bring that Dare and I'll show you some sweet trails.

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi all

Thanks for the replies, was looking for riders, not dealers. All good, know the bikesmith dealer in NZ. They have only just got up and running.

Done loads of work in Tasmania, would be a great spot for riding, similar to NZ.

Cheers

·
Registered
92 Posts
Whafe said:
Hi all

Thanks for the replies, was looking for riders, not dealers. All good, know the bikesmith dealer in NZ. They have only just got up and running.

Done loads of work in Tasmania, would be a great spot for riding, similar to NZ.

Cheers
Dude, I am contemplating getting a Dare form Clarke at Bikesmith.
I noticed you have got a Slider on the front of your Dare. How does it stack up?
The reason i ask, it that i have to use the bits i have now as i can't afford a complete new bike & i have a SPV Slider (which i really like) but wonder if it is enough for the 9" on the back.

I'll be interested in your feedback.

Cheers
Deeboy

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
deeboy said:
Dude, I am contemplating getting a Dare form Clarke at Bikesmith.
I noticed you have got a Slider on the front of your Dare. How does it stack up?
The reason i ask, it that i have to use the bits i have now as i can't afford a complete new bike & i have a SPV Slider (which i really like) but wonder if it is enough for the 9" on the back.

I'll be interested in your feedback.

Cheers
Deeboy
Hey Deeboy

Contemplate really hardout. You will not be dissapointed with a DARE, not just saying that. It is the way sweet frame etc, handles mint. I am really pleased with the M Slider. It has taken a little to get used too, I guess the SPV has. But for the sort of riding I do, it is sweet, more FR / XC stuff, you being from NZ and all will understand that we have to pedal up hill. So the setup suits me fine. I feel it handles the 9 inches well. I have the Fox RC shock, you may well go for something different.

I would have liked to go to a Dorado, they had none in stock and they are getting up there inprice, are they really worth it for me, dont think so. This thing cost the world as it is. One day may change forks.

Sing out if you would like to have a ride or something, I will be at Woodhill this Sunday.

Whafe

·
Registered
92 Posts
Whafe said:
Hey Deeboy

Contemplate really hardout. You will not be dissapointed with a DARE, not just saying that. It is the way sweet frame etc, handles mint. I am really pleased with the M Slider. It has taken a little to get used too, I guess the SPV has. But for the sort of riding I do, it is sweet, more FR / XC stuff, you being from NZ and all will understand that we have to pedal up hill. So the setup suits me fine. I feel it handles the 9 inches well. I have the Fox RC shock, you may well go for something different.

I would have liked to go to a Dorado, they had none in stock and they are getting up there inprice, are they really worth it for me, dont think so. This thing cost the world as it is. One day may change forks.

Sing out if you would like to have a ride or something, I will be at Woodhill this Sunday.

Whafe
Whafe,

Cool, give me a e-mail on [email protected] & i will send you my mobile number. Let me know when you are going to be out there & maybe hook up for a look/small ride.
I may be building on the Big Muma trail Sat or Sun so will be out there too.

Cheers
Deeboy

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Deeboy

Have emailed you. You can go for a blast on my DARE on Sunday.

Sweet as

Cheers
Whafe

·
trail fairy
9,546 Posts
Ellsworth in NZ

Hi Wafe

Another Ellsworth (moment black) rider in NZ (AK) !! there's a few of us in AK now a couple of Truth riders 3 IDs that I know of and a Moment plus another soon to be in the local mag should be good to see a write up in NZ conditions, I ride mainly Woodhill, but anywhere is great in NZ keen to go to vegas after day night thriller get the lads together and head down for some RnR in redwoods - roll on be rude not to and tickler!!

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great to hear we exsist

Ran into (not literally) Clark from Bikesmith, was good to see some Ellsworths. I also ride mainly at Woodhill. Getting back into after major operation on my shoulder, hence why I now MTB instead of motocross.

How is the MOMENT performing in our conditions?

Hope to see you ar WH at some stage, better now the weather is a little sharper, been the hell sh..t winter, weather wise....

Cheers
Wjafe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts