Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi..my question seems stupid and probably is..but I cant understand if the Rogue is a good frame/bike.The fact is that actually I own a SC Bullit but it weighs a lot..may be I will want to upgrade to air shocks(Dxh Air or Swinger4W..and a Van36 or 66SL for examples) ..I know it has a dated geometry for some reasons(High BB..steeper than actual bikes HA) but I really love the way it rides,5th Element included....And I loved the SC Heckler I had before too.May be the design(single pivot) which seems so simple..is not simple at all..I mean..those Hecklers and Bullits have been around for a while..and they still are the most wanted in used buy & sell sections.I think they diid some really good work on the driving table..which still works today.an may be will work for years to come.Now I am saving for some ,as I said,air shocks or lighter than the ones I have(Boxxer and coil shock)..but at the same time I am considering the Ellswoth Rogue frame.Seems it is a very light capable fr frame with many bonus included.ICT(horst link to me..) ,light tubing, the possibility of having different shock configuration,and seems good quality..but at a price as usual. Also on the Uk mag Mounatin Biking UK they had it to test and weigh was around 35 lbs with coil shocks f&r..not bad.But something drives me away from this brand since many of you here are not so keen of Ellsworth bikes..why?
I have to admit that I saw their site and did not like at all the presentation of their ICT system towards other shock designs.That style of saying that single pivots or other systems are full of faults and their ICT will just let you ride happy all day long let me down a bit.Hi folks

·
Fartographer
1,847 Posts
Yes!

I love the feel of the Ellsworth suspension. I've had a Truth, and Id, and a Dare. I've also ridden a Moment hard and it felt awesome. The harder I rode it, the better it felt. Now I have a short travel VP-Free, which I also love. But I'm convinced the Ellsworth suspension feels and pedals better - even than the Santa Cruz VPP design. Nothing feels better than a real 4-bar design. From what you said about the comments on the Ellsworth site, it sounds like you have your doubts. Don't doubt it. Four-bar is the best. The reason I love my Mini-Free is the geometry. I'm happy to give up a little in the suspension area for the fit of my Santa Cruz. But I think I might have been just as happy with a Moment or a Rogue.

·
Why aren't you riding????
426 Posts
dude, save your sanity and post this in the ellsworth forum so you can get opinions (as opposed to e-pinions) from people who have actually ridden one before or at least ridden a Ellsworth of any kind.

my .02, I have an 05 dare and it just works. the suspension, the geo, everything about the bike is right.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Yeah, never ask Ellsworth questions on here unless you want to hear some of the most ignorant, regurgitated crap you have ever read. Oh yeah, and a bunch of people talking about Tony this Tony that, like they actually know the guy. If you want the scoop on Ellsworth bikes, ask the people who ride them; they know.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
zRockstar said:
Yeah, never ask Ellsworth questions on here unless you want to hear some of the most ignorant, regurgitated crap you have ever read. Oh yeah, and a bunch of people talking about Tony this Tony that, like they actually know the guy. If you want the scoop on Ellsworth bikes, ask the people who ride them; they know.
what, that they break and the owner is a piece of ****. as a former ellsworth owner i can tell you this

·
Fartographer
1,847 Posts
True

SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
put your bullitt on a diet...those things can be a great bike weighing 31 to 34 pounds pounds
Get a DHX Air and a Vanilla 36 and feel the magic. I've pedaled just such a beast around and it was genius.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.