Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The One

According to the web page "This is for the hardcore, who want to the work themselves." Looks like they need to practice their proofreading skills.

As for Ellsworth, I don't have a dog in this fight, but some of my gearie friends go to great lengths to bash them.

Competitive Cyclest expects a spring 2006 shipment.

Attachments

·
Registered
981 Posts
wolfy said:
Without disc mounts is barely rates above a noname pawnshop cruiser in my book.

-M
Maybe the lack of disc mounts play into the "hard work" marketing.
Gotta love them white knuckles from the V brakes on long descents ;)

I do like those the curved tubing on the rear triangle.

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
18,030 Posts
TwistedCrank said:
...Competitive Cyclest expects ...
Speaking of proofreading... ;)

Sorry. It was just too tempting to pass up! :D

--Sparty

P.S. Hey Twisted Crank, nice new avatar but where's your "Smile if you're not wearing panties" cap?

·
Cold. Blue. Steel.
1,706 Posts
wolfy said:
Without disc mounts is barely rates above a noname pawnshop cruiser in my book.

-M
No Sh!t.
I concur completely.
Late to the game & then they come up short anyway. Except on the price tag...
No option for disc's? :confused:
If they are jumping in this late, they shoulda' just gone 29er and been a real player. Tony needs a good dose of humility, IMO.

:eek: GG

·
Registered
23,745 Posts
I always thought the philosophy behind the "loop stays" was that they built in a modicum of vertical compliance. Didn't Yeti used to use that design/excuse?

I hereby sertify that this message has been prufe-read and spill-cheked and all errors have been corected.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
The philosophy behind loop stays is they're easy to manufacture if you have an NC bender.

They pre-date Yeti by more than a decade, too - I even think there were examples pre-Mongoose.

You know, I like Ellsworth's attention to detail, but Tony just doesn't believe in listening to feedback. I'd love to know how many Truths snapped at the disc dropout and/or seat tube rocker mount before he finally decided to do something out it.

·
dirty hippy mountainbiker
1,145 Posts
Yeah, like in the "moment" video where he talks about how people want low standover height and he says they should buy it to ride it not stand over it. Which makes a little sense if you're talking road bikes, but not 6 inch travel all mountain ride where there's a high probability you'll have to suddenly go from riding it to standing over it. The SS looks pretty low at least.

-M

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.