Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Wizard or Not
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a long time of riding 26in bikes and I crossed the line to a 29er. i got the ellsworth evolution size medium. All black number 43 out of the factory. Fully equipped Shimano XT. What a great bike. Climbs amazing. Alarmingly nimble in tight stuff. I live in Hood River where tight technical climbing is everywhere. The evolution has not hindered me at all. We were concerned with the 100mm stem set up but I like the climbing stance it gives. I am considering a shorter stem, but will wait after I put a drop seat on. Only thing that I might complain about is flexy wheels when diving at speed into sharp corners. I felt a good bit of sag in the wheel. Kinda like the tire rolling off. Maybe a little more tire pressure. The bike came with ellsworth XC rims. Maybe go crazy and get some of those easton carbon rims. lighter and stiffer.
Overall I give a 98% on this bike.
Thank you Dirty Finger Bike Shop (Mitchell) for turning me on to the ellwsworth line!

·
Ride and Smile suckas
593 Posts
How does it go down? the Geo make it look steep but riding is everything...

Cant wait to see your finished product

·
Wizard or Not
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
evolution shots

file:///C:/Users/owner/Desktop/evolution

So here are some shots taken the day after I got my evolution. What a great bike.

·
Wizard or Not
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After 10 hard rides I notice that it handles quite well. I am not using my drop seat yet. It is very easy to get behind the saddle for slow drop ins. Impressed with it's downhill switchbackking. Excellent in open country high speed. On friday I rode for the first time with a really fast downhiller Forrest on a nomad and noticed a flexy wheel feel diving into the corners. Kosmo suggested tightening the spokes up before I go further. awesome bike. I want to upload photos but can't figure out how...

·
Registered
36 Posts
adeenik1 said:
file:///C:/Users/owner/Desktop/evolution

So here are some shots taken the day after I got my evolution. What a great bike.
Yeeah, we can't see into your computer. You will have to upload the pictures to an online server like Photobucket.com

·
Formerly of Kent
12,186 Posts
adeenik1 said:
After 10 hard rides I notice that it handles quite well. I am not using my drop seat yet. It is very easy to get behind the saddle for slow drop ins. Impressed with it's downhill switchbackking. Excellent in open country high speed. On friday I rode for the first time with a really fast downhiller Forrest on a nomad and noticed a flexy wheel feel diving into the corners. Kosmo suggested tightening the spokes up before I go further. awesome bike. I want to upload photos but can't figure out how...
Do you by any chance own several sub shops in Oregon?

·
Administrator
10,528 Posts
adeenik1 said:

use the posting upload. There are limits to the size but you shouldn't have problem then getting it to show. See attached photo for location of the Upload Images button.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts