Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Elitest thrill junkie
38,826 Posts
snowanon said:
I'm currently considering either a ellsworth/epiphany or a santa cruz/nomad. Has anyone out there had a chance to ride either one or even both. Any feedback would be great.
Very different bikes.

The epiphany is basically a longer-travel variant of the ellsworth truth.

The nomad on the other hand is a long travel trail bike that is suitable for light fr type stuff.

Basically, the epiphany is not designed for as much abuse as the nomad.

I'd take the nomad to increase the versatility of the bike.

·
It rains here. :(
1,314 Posts
snowanon said:
I'm currently considering either a ellsworth/epiphany or a santa cruz/nomad. Has anyone out there had a chance to ride either one or even both. Any feedback would be great.
I haven't ridden either, but I would choose the Nomad.

·
I think I need to Upgrade
1,620 Posts
snowanon said:
I have not ridden either bike but I have not heard a single bad thing about SantaCruz as a company so if it were my money I would lean more towards the Nomad.

·
Saucy Size
4,482 Posts
bugaroo said:
first year products from Ellsworth. They tend to break, frequently, a lot, often and sometimes even all of the time.
Their designs are generally sound but....
Ouch, but true. You're the master, after all! :D

I'm taking up your habit for Intense products -- two catastrophic failures on my first-year 5.5 so far. Like Ellsworth, I think, once the bugs are worked out they're good rides but MAN you have to be brave/careful/stupid to buy their first generation stuff.

p.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.