Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the next frame down to two. Has anyone got any information on how the two compare? I just got rid of my old blur, never really liked the locked out feeling from the VPP, and the bike always seemed really 'tall'.

Any thoughts/comments from riding experience?

·
Registered
271 Posts
epi/ asr 5c

Just went from a epiphany to a yeti 575. My epi was a fairly light build at 25.2 lbs and it was an amazing climber/descender, I don't know if your going to find a 5+ inch bike that is as good up as it is down. I got to ride a new asr-5c but only in the parking lot. Felt very quick, but was a little more XC feeling than I was looking for, so I went with the 575. I guess it really just depends on your intended use, the asr 5 kinda had that "high" feel as well. I can't give you an in-depth report on the asr 5 but I can assure you, you would not be disappointed with the epiphany. You could go and hit the narly aggressive stuff and turn around and hold your own in an xc/endurance race with the epi. Good luck with your decision, make sure you demo both before you pull the trigger

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply

one reason I'm looking at the 575 vs epi isthe extra travel for the same frame weight.

Any thoughts? Why did you go to the 575 instead of stayin with the epi? Do they handle dramatically different? How does the suspension feel dffer?

Thanks again

·
Registered
271 Posts
I really liked the epi but no matter what changes I made it was just to small (needed a large instead of medium). With a longer stem I felt like I was in a poor position for the more "all mountain" riding I like to do. Bottom line the epi is a great bike but it really just wasn't what I was looking for. I used to have the old style 575 and loved it, so I thought I would give the new design a go. Just got the frame and am in the process of putting my build together. I've ridden a lot of 575's and as far as trail bikes go, theres nothing that covers all angles as well as it does for my style of riding. If I could give you any advice make sure you get to throw a leg over both and get the right size. If your going to order on-line atleast test one at the lbs to see if its right for you. My experience with the epi might of been much better if I would have done this. First time i ever bought a frame w/o proper sizing...my bad. Both are very nice bikes and again I don't think you would be disappointed with either. Good luck.

·
Registered
292 Posts
why did you not go with the Moment?

dp2315 said:
Just went from a epiphany to a yeti 575. My epi was a fairly light build at 25.2 lbs and it was an amazing climber/descender, I don't know if your going to find a 5+ inch bike that is as good up as it is down. I got to ride a new asr-5c but only in the parking lot. Felt very quick, but was a little more XC feeling than I was looking for, so I went with the 575. I guess it really just depends on your intended use, the asr 5 kinda had that "high" feel as well. I can't give you an in-depth report on the asr 5 but I can assure you, you would not be disappointed with the epiphany. You could go and hit the narly aggressive stuff and turn around and hold your own in an xc/endurance race with the epi. Good luck with your decision, make sure you demo both before you pull the trigger
I assume your move to the 575 was due to wanting more travel
And a more relaxed geometry, but seemingly as you express
To like the epi, why did you not choose the Moment?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.