Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd share a story about the folks at Ellsworth. Bought my wife a Truth off of MTBR - great bike, she loves it. It arrived with bent derailleur hanger ala FedEx. We were all set for a ride and no hanger. I called my LBS who had just become an Ellsworth dealer. They said they didn't have one. I called Ellsworth and talked to Thomas. Long story, short - he called my LBS and persuaded/bribed them into pulling a hanger off of one of their display bikes to give it to me. Picked up the hanger, went for a ride. Thank you Thomas! I ride a Titus Motolite, but if I'm ever in the market for a new ride, I'm definitely looking at an Ellsworth.

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
So how did the hanger get bent? FedEx kicked it right in the spot?

You might not care how it got bent, but I do.

I have received two Ellsworth bikes, among others, in boxes and they were fine, no way the hanger could get bent unless something "else" happened.

This is an odd incident regardless of the service...but glad it came out positive.

·
Silver bullet
204 Posts
No problems with thier customer service here.

chunet said:
This is good to hear, I"m in the market for a new frame and looking toward a Ellsworth, but one of my biking buddies told me to stay away because of customer service.
I have three Ellsworths and love them all. I had a problem with one of them and Ells took care if it quickly to full satisfaction...and I'm fussy! No problems with their customer service here.

·
Praise Bob
490 Posts
Buy it based on fit and feel

I have also had only one issue with my moment and customer service went above and beyond for me. Please take what you hear with a grain of salt. Ellsworth makes an amazing machine. I am not denying that some people may have had a bad experience (god...not this again), but take it in context. What I think is missing out of this equation is where the dealer fits in to the picture. It isnt Ellsworths responsibility to be the front line for customer service issues since they are the manufacturer. If you have a great LBS/dealer then you will have no problems.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Glad to hear Ellsworth stepped in to take care of you but the one tool you can't live without is a park tool derailleur alignment gage. Quick, easy to use and a life saver on any weekend trip or race event. Well worth the money and i bet i've used it 20 times alone on my wives bike :)

·
MTB SOCAL
1,459 Posts
My recent experience with Ells customer service has also been fantastic. I've emailed them several times - often at night and on the weekends. In each case, I've received a prompt email response within a few hours. Several of my emails were answered by Tony himself. My phone calls to tech support have also been entirely positive. I'm glad that Ells is really working on the CS. It's making a difference. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ellsworth Customer Service

My first contact with Ellsworth was great. I recently bought a 08 Epiphany from a fellow who said he didn't ride it enough to keep it. The bike had the old style rockers that I heard were prone to cracking so I sent an email to Ellsworth asking them for the straight story. They replied to my email the next business day. The email contained a welcome to Ellsworth, an RA to return the rockers and an invitation to call if I have any questions about the removal of the rockers or other concerns about the bike.

·
Ologist
964 Posts
My experience was flawless. New asymmetric lower stay replaced last year on my 2003 Id in Alaska in less than 4 days. Didn't even miss a day of riding due to the weather!!

I have also emailed them with a couple of Tech questions and got very detailed response within hours signed by TE

·
Custom User Title
1,282 Posts
Well I didn't get a reply to any emails I sent. But Kenny (RRX) repyed to the PM's I sent him within hours. My latest dealings with Ellsworth were what I expected. Except for one thing.....

I broke my '05 Moment front triangle and they replaced it with a Rev 3 front triangle. That was a big surprise to me. I expected to get a rev 2. So this answers another question I saw at one point. The rev 3 front triangle is compatable with earlier versions of rear triangles.

When I first got my Moment it was a crash upgrade from my ID. I had to wait because the rev 2 rockers were still waiting to be made.

So my Moment now is:
'05 shock stay rev 1
'06 rocker rev 2
'07 chainstay rev ?
'08 front triangle rev 3

And yes I am happy with the way things were handled.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.