Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Occasionally engaged…
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought and installed a new 21t White Industries ENO Freewheel, and boy is it ever spinning in an ellipse, making the chain bounce up and down a lot. I can see it deviate at the "seal" as I backpedal on the stand by a couple of mm. It's impossible to evenly tension the chain, and tensioning it appropriately at the tightest point leaves it slacker than I like elsewhere in the revolution. Will it even out as I ride it or will it always be problematic? (Andy yes, I know it's not the chainring)

·
Cracker-magnon
1,153 Posts
PeT said:
I just bought and installed a new 21t White Industries ENO Freewheel, and boy is it ever spinning in an ellipse, making the chain bounce up and down a lot. I can see it deviate at the "seal" as I backpedal on the stand by a couple of mm. It's impossible to evenly tension the chain, and tensioning it appropriately at the tightest point leaves it slacker than I like elsewhere in the revolution. Will it even out as I ride it or will it always be problematic? (Andy yes, I know it's not the chainring)
Oh man, I hope my new 21t is o.k. Brown Santa upposedly has it "out for delivery".... impatiently waiting :(

·
Occasionally engaged…
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gpsser said:
Oh man, I hope my new 21t is o.k.
Please let us know if it is (as I would expect with WI's reputation) or isn't (I have to believe mine is an anomaly).

·
Cracker-magnon
1,153 Posts
PeT said:
Please let us know if it is (as I would expect with WI's reputation) or isn't (I have to believe mine is an anomaly).
I just got it, and it sure is purty.... is the deviation taking place between the outer part and red lockring, or are you seeing it on the back. At least in my hand it looks to be spinning o.k. I will mount it up later.

·
Occasionally engaged…
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
gpsser said:
is the deviation taking place between the outer part and red lockring, or are you seeing it on the back.
The deviation is observed between the outer part and the red lockring. Sounds like your's is good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.