Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, me and riding bud will be making the trip from Rochester to Ellicotville / Holiday valley for the 1st time next week. I understand there are like 40 miles of trails. We are looking to do a 3-4 hour ride then go for lunch/dinner at the local brew pub.

Can anyone recommend a nice 3- 4 hour route? We're looking for a route with nice flow, hopefully equal parts climbing and descending. Some technical riding thrown in too, but not a ton. we hope to carry a nice pace. some jumps/drops in the 2- 4 feet range would be cool too, but not worried if there really aren't any.

We'll be riding FS XC bikes

thanks in advance

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
kdiddy= thnx for the link. how long a ride is that? Would we go clockwise from training center or counter clockwise? Does it matter?

Looks like more than 3.5 hrs or so. I just recovered from badly pulled calf muscle injury so I don't want to go more than 3 or 4 hours. This will be my 1st ride in like 3 weeks.

I found some other rides posted for E-ville. Shorter looking ones.

What do the STOP signs represent? Are thoese spots where you had to stop / climb on foot?

thanks again

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Stop signs? The numbers are the mile markers. I only recall having to hike once or twice, mainly due to extremely rocky terrain. Stuff that might be ridable if you tried it multiple times. I can't remember how long this took, but it was probably around 3- 4 hours of riding and a few more of talking and repairs.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oops, sorry that was some other map I saw with the stop signs on. Did you start at the holiday Valley training center, like many mention?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts