Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about picking up an Element to accompany my Vertex, just curious on the Elements weight. Any idea what the stock 08 or 09 Element 50 weighs?

·
ups and downs
15,599 Posts
Depending on the size, likely something in the 27-28 pound range.

It's a good combo, I used to have a Vertex/Instinct pair but went to a Vertex/ETSX combo to get a little more BB clearance and travel.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
blah forgot the size duhhhh

I have a 19" Vertex but I might try a 20.5" Element. I am finding the Vertex a touch too small as I use a 120mm 10 degree rise stem and using 30mm of spacers.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am 6'2" and I'm unsure of arm length. I find on the Vertex I can't even run flat bars or my hands and shoulders hurt. I would like to be in race form but it hurts being any lower than I am with my current setup.

·
ups and downs
15,599 Posts
The 20.5" is likely what you're after then, as it has a 620mm top tube instead of the 600mm on the 2008 19" Vertex (it's 25mm longer than the '07 Vertex) so you could drop back to a 100mm stem, and it has a 155mm head tube so the front end will be 25mm higher than your 19" Vertex to start with.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
awesome thanks for the info, now I just have to wait until late April to start riding outside again... damn prairie winters.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I have a 2003 element, 19".
It has a good marzocchi 80mm fork, old crossmax rims, easton everything, and full 2003 xtr grouppo. It weighs 12.2 kilos/26.8 pounds. I race with it, etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts