Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone breaking their rear triangles on their current year elements?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have a 2018 full carbon, no problems with the frame at all so far.
Have you broken your frame or what brought on starting the thread?

·
Registered
346 Posts
I'm at a Rocky dealer... one of the bigger ones relatively speaking as it turns out. We've sold an absolute shitload of elements since this platform came out. They seem to be really good with the carbon rear ends, I don't recall replacing any except crashes/dumb ****. Earlier in the cycle of the platform there were a few front triangles but they got that sorted and it certainly wasn't anywhere out of the ordinary. Rocky's carbon rear ends are actually super reliable in my experience.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've got a 2017 element BC edition, and have ridden it 'fairly' aggressively. I've done multiple stage races (moab rocks, singletrack6), and have ridden all over. It's held up very well. Only issue I had was after the first few months, the linkage bolt near the cranks snapped (it was a hollow bolt). It was a known issue, and they replaced it with a non-hollow one, and haven't had a problem since.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone breaking their rear triangles on their current year elements?
Hi
I ride a RM A50 2018, i have broken my rear triangle 2, two, times. They had been replace on warranty by Rocky.
No jump or drop just soft single track.
Both times i just notice that the bike tilted to one side.
First time it broke on the chainstay near center and the second time it was the chainstay near the rear link.
The Swedish single tracks is hard on Canadian bikes ;)
//ml

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts