Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend and our IT person asked me the other day about a new bike he was thinking about getting. Kind of surprised me to see some decent parts on this electric bike. He keeps telling me how fast he is going to be. I can't wait for the battery to die at the bottom of a climb!

·
Low speed, High Drag
946 Posts
I'm gettin' me one of them! No sweating, no hard breathing, no chance of an asthma attack? Sign me up!

·
more beers, lees gears.
1,191 Posts
wow, $5500. Might as well just buy a dirt bike.

Why do people always miss the point of mountain biking. I personally love the climb. I may be swearing, puking and whining at the moment of the climb, but by the end of the ride, im always pretty stoked about how cool the ride was.

I dont think Id be as stoked if I rode the same trail with no pedal effort. In fact, id probably ride less due to sheer boredom.

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mattKHS said:
Why do people always miss the point of mountain biking. I personally love the climb.
I hear you on this one. I do not climb very well do to a couple issues. Fat and on a yuppie bike. But I also get into clearing a climb, Guy is a friend of mine, so I'll just shake my head and let his wife deal with his electric bike issues.

·
Low speed, High Drag
946 Posts
Tim, let us know when he gets it, so we can all go out and watch him ride it. I'm gonna tell him up front, that if the battery dies, I ain't pushin' it.

·
Low speed, High Drag
946 Posts
I like how the one in Yuri's photo, has to have the rear wheel supported, so it doesn't break that bike stand. Nice.

·
Banned
2,401 Posts
I think a lot of people miss the point, that there's more to mountain biking then just climbing! It seems that a lot of people that can climb well look down on those of us that can't or those of us that shuttle! Some ride for fun, some ride for health, some both. Doesn't matter to me which category anybody falls in, just quit talking sh!t about the category I fall in! :thumbsup:

·
Low speed, High Drag
946 Posts
What in the hell are you talking about, GETSTUPID? I don't think anybody here, is making fun of people that can't climb, they're making fun of the fact that somebody would buy an electric bike, to ride off-road. What's the point?

I'm one of the slowest climbers on the planet, and have witness' to prove it, but I'd never consider an electric bike to make me a better climber.

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Obviously you have never seen me climb a hill before. Trust me its not a pretty sight! You hear talk about a, b and c class riders. Well I'm a g or h at best.

I'm not really making fun of anyone, that includes my buddy that pointed this out to me. I just found it interesting that this electric bike had some nice parts on it. Also looked to be a legit attempt at a consumer product. But as its been mentioned. I'm not helping him back to the trail head if his battery fails on him. He can ride or walk it home, I'll wait.:eekster:

·
Banned
2,401 Posts
My comment wasn't directed towards anybody on this thread, apologies if it came across that way. I'm in the same boat as you, I don't even bother even trying to climb anymore, hurts too bad....hopefully the MRI on friday will tell me why, knee woes haha!

·
Meatpuppet
536 Posts
GETSTUPID said:
Doesn't matter to me which category anybody falls in, just quit talking sh!t about the category I fall in! :thumbsup:

i believe he was making himself the butt of his own joke.

I thought it was funny:rolleyes:

·
Banned
2,401 Posts
I'm not talking about just this thread guys damn! I'm talking about in general, I hear it a lot. Hell some guy I met at the top of Eldon had the "if you don't earn your way to the top you don't belong on a bike" attitude. I even said in my op that I can't climb worth a sh!t! But after going back and reading my op, I guess it did sound like I was bein a dick huh. Anyhow, wasn't meant to come off like that.

·
Will Guide for Beer
727 Posts
How about that $5500 price tag

I thought I was crazy to have $4000 worth of bikes in my garage, and that's two bikes. How about the legal end? Would it be legal or premissable to ride/drive this thing on trails?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts