Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to pull the trigger on some iXS Carve Evo elbow pads, and I'm wondering if there are any other elbow pads with removable foam pads that get hard on impact ("D30" style foam) that I should consider.

I wash my gear after nearly every ride in poison oak country, and I don't want to bother with handwashing, and I don't want to take a chance on putting the foam through the washer that much. I've had the iXS Flow Evo+ for a year, and they have this feature, and the reactive foam and tightening strap have done well for me through a bunch of crashes, aside from me ordering a little bit smaller than I should have (L instead of XL, and I am a tall guy around 200 lbs). I'll probably get size L elbow pads, if iXS.

If I go iXS, I am thinking the Carve elbow instead of Flow, since a few reviewers have noted that the Flow elbow tip coverage is not great. I don't know if this means I lose the nice mesh on the inside that the Flow has, but that mesh has all kinds of holes in it on my knee guards, which I suspect is because they are a little too small, but I am not sure. I will be wearing these in heat up to 95 F, but hopefully not usually that hot.

·
Oh, So Interesting!
5,800 Posts
I got the new Ion e-traze after a tree grabbed my previous Ions and tore them up. :)

Ion stayed put and the new Sas-Tech pads are washable so you don't have to remove the pads.

I'd consider e-traze midweight pads.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.