Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If there is no way to get working elastomers for these shocks, is there another way to replce the shock absorbing part with a different component that will fit into the shocks?

·
I already rode that
1,632 Posts
Winnetou said:
If there is no way to get working elastomers for these shocks, is there another way to replce the shock absorbing part with a different component that will fit into the shocks?
You could try Englund total air cartridges. I dont know who distributes them now though but Im sure a lil searching and you should find them. Id go for the newer fork route though myself.

·
player hater
143 Posts
I think I have some! IIRC, the Manitou 3 had about 6 or so of the elastomers in each side, right? If that is the case, I have a few; lemme go check...

Okay, I have 6 red and 2 blue of the larger ones, and 2 blue small ones. The red ones are softer than the blue ones. I also have 2 of the plastic spacers. If you need them, they're yours...shoot me a PM.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Why?

Just kidding. If you like them and can find them there OK but when I still owned my Manitou 3 England offered a hydraulic damper to go with a coil spring and it really improved the ride but I don't know if there offered anymore.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.