Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been on Turners since 2000, this will be the first time I've broken one. Can't really blame the bike though. My shock started leaking down and it had bottomed out a few times on the ride. Wasn't catching air or anything, but was riding on some rough rocky terrain. Frame's out of warranty so I'll see if I can sweet talk Turner into finding a Flux linkage arm for me.

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
Sweet talk usually dosen't start with websnuff.
But Greg is Da Man, if anyone can help you out it's him.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I should stress that as a larger rider (240lbs) who beats this bike pretty hard, it has held up extremely well, and shows no signs of any damage other than the rocker arm. That Turner can build a bike to stand up to that beating is a good testament to their designs.

·
err, 27.5+
4,928 Posts
Yep, bottoming out is actually worse than if you had just been out catching air. Fortunately looks like the damage is constrained to the rockers. 9 years and only one failure is quite noteworthy :thumbsup:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update, Turner says they will supply a new rocker free of charge, even though I told them I don't consider it to be under warranty. Gotta love that kind of service. I'm definitely a Turner rider for life... :)

·
Registered
209 Posts
jjcarr said:
Update, Turner says they will supply a new rocker free of charge, even though I told them I don't consider it to be under warranty. Gotta love that kind of service. I'm definitely a Turner rider for life... :)
:thumbsup: Turner for life! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Day 2 and Turner calls, say they can get me a Flux rocker ASAP and they will cover everything, and will even upgrade me to the latest generation rocker. Damn, do these guys rock or what! Love Turner. I need to buy them a pizza or something.

I've never known any other bike company to be this responsive.

·
Banned
16,457 Posts
jjcarr said:
Day 2 and Turner calls, say they can get me a Flux rocker ASAP and they will cover everything, and will even upgrade me to the latest generation rocker. Damn, do these guys rock or what! Love Turner. I need to buy them a pizza or something.

Yeah, they helped me out with something right before a vacation in 2006, so I hooked them up with a Junior's cheesecake for all their trouble.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
jjcarr said:

I have almost an exact same story and set of pictures - and the same outcome from Turner. The newer arms have a little less machining around the openings leaving some reinforcement material.

I also had a hairline crack develop at my lower shock mount/seattube. Replacement front triangle is sitting in my cubicle right now. Love those guys.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts