Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at the El Santo frame among some other XC frames to replace my Sugar frame. I ride & race XC with a little more aggressive trail riding thrown in. What does the Santo ride like? Can it be compared to anything else I may have ridden? How effiecent is it when pedaling? How about climbing steep technical hills? Does it steer accurately at speed? My Campeon is very responsive, more than almost anything else I have ridden on the road. I can't find one to demo as I live in Virginia and would need a small frame. I realize that these questions are subjective but any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
767 Posts
I had and 05 and 06 El Santo. Both great bikes. The 06 was the best and had a very tune able Manitou 3-Way rear shock that allowed you to firm it up nice for buffer trails and up the cush for rough stuff. I can't comment on the El Santo's current Rock Shox susupension. Sorry.

I thought the bike handled great too. I had it paired with a Fox 100 fork and it rocked!Prior to the El Santo I had never ridden a FS and didn't know what to expect. I used the bikes hard doing Solo 24s. BUT after I rode the Dos Niner I couldn't go back. Between the relish shock and the big wheels I get all the benefits (IMHO) of a FS bike. Having said that i would sorta dig having a LITTLE more than 1" in the rear sometimes.

Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts