Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, looking at buying a used El Saltemontes 4" travel frame, i would like to build it up on a budget and would like to know what size shock to buy if i get the frame, the manitou radium rl appeals to me if only on price:)

if anyone could let me know what i need to look for or if thes shock will work please let me know.

thanks in advance

Evil G

· Feeding your addiction
2,645 Posts
evilgenius said:
hi all, looking at buying a used El Saltemontes 4" travel frame, i would like to build it up on a budget and would like to know what size shock to buy if i get the frame, the manitou radium rl appeals to me if only on price:)

if anyone could let me know what i need to look for or if thes shock will work please let me know.

thanks in advance

Evil G
Size is 7.875" x 2"

Larry

· Registered
1,385 Posts
evilgenius said:

thanks in advance

Evil G
My story to put the importance of the rear shock into perspective.
This summer I cracked my Salty and Ventana replaced it, bearings, rocke ant all. I had recently received new wheels from Larry and decided to go whole hog. I picked up a RS Revelation for the front and a few other new items, basically I was on the same frame (a new model), but with many new parts. At the same time, I had my FOX ProPedal PUSHed, not an inexpensive activity.
In the end, the biggest difference I notice in the ride of the new bike is the rear suspension, and I attribute most of that to the shock.
Moral of the story: I think the rear shock is probably the most important part of your build.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.