Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Hisforever
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help me decide which bike to get.

It will be a small, and light. The target weight is (25lbs)

It will be bought second hand based on funds.

These are the bikes I have considered and will choose from...

Turner: O2, Burner, XCE

Ventana: El Saltamontes

Ellsworth: Truth

Titus: Racer X

Kona: King

Any input or deciding factors between these fabulous bikes is greatly appreciated?

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
SHAHEEB said:
Help me decide which bike to get.

It will be a small, and light. The target weight is (25lbs)

It will be bought second hand based on funds.

These are the bikes I have considered and will choose from...

Turner: O2, Burner, XCE

Ventana: El Saltamontes

Ellsworth: Truth

Titus: Racer X

Kona: King

Any input or deciding factors between these fabulous bikes is greatly appreciated?
If your goal is to get a bike that weighs 25 pounds...buy the lightest frame.

If you want a suggestion from this forum on which frame you should buy to ride, you should give us at lest a little info....like:

Your weight and height will really help...the type of riding you will do. Any jumps or drops in your future? If so...How high? Will you race XC? Do you have a price range?

·
Hisforever
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
More info

We are looking at a bike for someone who weighs about 125-140lbs and is 5'5" tall.

This is for a girl who can really ride, I'm impressed. She charges climbs, she is exceptional at climbing, technical and long, no problem. Downhill on a hardtail she is a bit slow or cautious. I wait about 5 minutes for her in short sections.

We are looking for a cross country ride, she wants it light and with discs.

She jumps but very small stuff like roots and cattle guards. No freefall drops but she can go down steep transitions. And she will race sometimes. There is a price range but we are looking in the used market, so with the right deal we can afford alot of bike.

hope that helps.

·
www.derbyrims.com
6,766 Posts
Truth

SHAHEEB said:
We are looking at a bike for someone who weighs about 125-140lbs and is 5'5" tall.

This is for a girl who can really ride, I'm impressed. She charges climbs, she is exceptional at climbing, technical and long, no problem. Downhill on a hardtail she is a bit slow or cautious. I wait about 5 minutes for her in short sections.

She jumps but very small stuff like roots and cattle guards. No freefall drops but she can go down steep transitions. And she will race sometimes. There is a price range but we are looking in the used market, so with the right deal we can afford alot of bike.

hope that helps.
On your list the Truth would be the lightest frame and very compatible for a light rider.

You'll have better downhill handling and much better durability with all the others on your list.

- ray

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
SHAHEEB said:

hope that helps.
Of the bikes that you mentioned. I'd choose...in this order....The Racer X, Turner Burner, Turner O2. Of those 3...I'd choose the one that fits best.

Note: I'm not familiar with the Salty or the King. I'd personally stay away from a used Truth. Older Truths had frame breakage issues....even for some pretty light people.

Good Luck!!!!

·
Hisforever
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What about a Rocky Mountain Element...SC

Does anyone know how these ride?

It is light but how does it ride.

·
Keep on Rockin...
6,471 Posts
If money is a concern.....

Get a Burner on sale and put the cash you save towards lightweight parts that make the most difference. Wheels and a fork.

Sale price aside, the Burner is one sweet bike.

Mike

·
suck it trebeK
418 Posts
I don't speak from personal experience, but I hear so much good about Titus; I'd go with the RacerX. Titus seems to really know what they're doing, it's a simple design, light and reasonably priced.

I know my next bike is going to be either the Racer X or a Moto-Lite (both Titus).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.