Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Ultra Ventanaphile
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As most of you are quite aware, El Salt and his wife (Mrs. El Salt) have started their two week NorCal Adventure. They started off by visiting the birthplace of all Ventana's and hung out with yours truely and the Gang at Ventana. I'll let El Salt document the Factory visit, (Especially since I wasn't with them for that, I was watching Paulimon be a "Ben- day-ho" and ream out my Toro! Shudder, don't need to see that again! :D

But I did capture a few pics from Friday's Smokey Salmon Falls ride, I'll let the pics do the talking...

I love the smiles on thier faces under the "Y" Branch! Says is it all doesn't it?

Attachments

·
Ultra Ventanaphile
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Day 2, Sly Park Flemming Meadows..

We followed up Friday's 16 miler at Salmon Falls by driving up the Mountain a bit and Hitting the Sly Park/Fleming Meadows double. (We did 20 miles or so, not sure on feet climbed but it was plenty!)

The weather was VERY nice considering the conditions the week before. We actually saw blue in the sky, some smokey haze still but VASTLY better than the days before.

And we added just a few folks to the ride list.

First pick is the group pic before the ride.

From Left to Right.

Future Ventanan owner Robert (literally, he placed his order today), Mrs. El Salt (Laurie, another future Ventana owner), El Salt, Kevin, Dustin, Steve, Neal, Sherwood and Myself (Yes, I know my Jersey and Bike Match,)

The Rest of pics are in random order, but are from both the Sly Park Loop Trail and Fleming Meadows. No I did not take a ton of photo's like usual, mostly because we were really flowing the trail and it was really hard to give up the flow and stop to take pics.
Photo credit to Steve for any shots of me in them.

All had a great time, and really enjoyed the trail, the company and the BBQ afterword!

El Salt and his better half were on their way to DownieVille after today, Hopefully the smoke clears there as well for them...

Attachments

·
Shot Down in Flames...
1,218 Posts
Ciclistagonzo said:
(Yes, I know my Jersey and Bike Match,)
I have the same bike, you think that's a coincidence? ;)

Ciclistagonzo said:
Oh and did I mention this was my Salts "Shakedown" cruise?
:D

Worked perfectly, and yes D-Rock she's a now a Dirty Girl...
Hey, just because she isn't untouched anymore doesn't mean she has to be dirty, but it is more fun that way!!!!

Glad you guys enjoyed it,
D.

·
Proud lame eBiker
2,680 Posts
downieville...good peoples

A few buddies and I were riding Downieville Sunday. I had relayed the message to El Salt to join us for pizza after we were done. I rolled into town after the last run at 6:50 and El Salt hollered me over and told me that the pizza joint was closing in ten minutes. Quickly said hello to Ms. El Salt then dove inside to order up some pizza and brew. We sat on the deck out back, after they closed even.
Got to chit chat with El Salt and Ms. El Salt. GOOD PEOPLES!:thumbsup: Nice to put some faces with names.
Too bad we didn't get to ride together...maybe I can catch them in tahoe later this week...

here's a couple pics....Marc going over details for the next days adventure. And a "oh this spot! you'll love this spot right here. You'll know it when you get to it."

Guess it'll be another day or so until El Salt is within internet range again. Interested to hear how they liked Downieville.:eek:

Attachments

·
Ultra Ventanaphile
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool, you did get to meet them. Yeah Good peeps and talented riders. Catching back up with them in Tahoe would be nice, not sure my marriage would survive me cutting out again though!

-A

·
Ultra Ventanaphile
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
snowdrifter said:
Looks like a gr8 time.. Just where in Nocal is Smokey Falls?
Poor punctuation on my part....

Smokey, Salmon Falls. Salmon Falls, or Darrington Trail is in El Dorado County off of Folsom Lake.

-A

·
Team Fearless Descender
1,976 Posts
(super quick - if my internet connection holds!) Hello from Downieville! Thanks to Aaron, Sherwood and the rest - oh, and the BBQ!!!! OMG, so, so, good.

I'll post more tomorrow (Wed), from Tahoe. Here in D-Ville I have like hardly any connection.

·
Proud lame eBiker
2,680 Posts
El Salt LIVES! I was hoping the silence was just the mountain high backcountry internet connection and not a result of a trip down the famed Downieville Downhill!

Love to hear your report too.:thumbsup:

Cheers.

El Salt said:
(super quick - if my internet connection holds!) Hello from Downieville! Thanks to Aaron, Sherwood and the rest - oh, and the BBQ!!!! OMG, so, so, good.

I'll post more tomorrow (Wed), from Tahoe. Here in D-Ville I have like hardly any connection.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.