Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
New Guy
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to pull the trigger on a Ventana El Rey and I want to make sure I am getting the right size. I am 6' tall with a 33.5" inseam. As of now I am planning on ordering a 19' El Rey, but I would love to hear some feedback by people that have ridden this bike on the right sizing for me.

Thanks and hello to everyone.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
19" sounds about right.

I'm also 6' with a 34.5" inseam and the 19" El Cap is just right for me.
(El Cap and El Rey share basically the same geometry.)

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I'm right in there too. I like shorter top tubes and would go with the 19" too. My 21" Leviathan is a bit long with a 24.6" TT. I try to remind myself that the 3/4" difference in TT length between sizes is about the same at a 2cm stem length difference.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
I'm 6'1" with a 32" inseam and my El Rey is the XL. NO WAY would a large work for me. I think my relatively short inseam for my height means a longer upper torso that begs for a longer top tube. My previous bike was an XL Leviathan.

At the end of the day, if you rode 19" frames on 26" bikes, you will need a 19" frame for your 29er.

You are going to love the El Rey.:thumbsup:

·
New Guy
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the advice! I am going to go with the 19". Now I just have to decide on which color to get. Orange or Super Dust??? They both look sweet.

I'll post pics and a ride report when I get it built.

·
Appalachian Singletrack'n
1,444 Posts
I’m 6’1” with a 34” inseam and ride a 19” El Cap. The fit is spot on for me and the way I ride the bike. Keep in mind these bikes have very steep seat tubes so if you keep the same KOP the top tube is actually longer than the geometry chart reads. My 19” El Cap is supposed to have a 23.9 or so top tube but the bike actually has the exact same cockpit length than another one of my bikes with a 24.5” top tube but a shallower STA and the same stem. Id say the 19” will be just right for you.

I raced my ElCap last weekend at the Georgia “Snake Creek Gap Time Trial”, a super technical and steep 34 mile course. I couldn’t have asked for a better bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I'm 6'2" and 34" inseam. I ordered a custom with a 19.4" seat tube and the top tube stretched to 24.25. I left everything else the same except did not need the extra standover so I got mine without the top tube/seat tube gusset. I'm running a straight post and a 120mm x 0 stem. I think you should be fine with yours.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
LSWillia said:
Orange or Super Dust???
I vote orange! :cool:

I have owned both. While super dust is very cool, I think cosmic orange is the best stock color Ventana offers. You should search the Ventana board for photos. There have been several "what color?" threads that have lots of great pics.

Like bigdrunk said, you're gonna love it.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.