Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm thinking that the geo. of these two bikes are identical, but the El Comandante is jacked up in the front by 20mm. :confused:

Are there any geometry experts here that can confirm or deny this guesstimate?

Also, can anyone compare either of these to a Spot Brand or Vassago? (my last two 29ers) I love my El Ciclon, but I've never ridden an Ventana hardtail.

Thanks for any input!

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Grinch Green!

F-It!! I just went to the source.

Just ordered the last 18" EBB El Comandante for a 1x9 setup!

Bye, Bye, Vassago... :p

·
Registered
44 Posts
I also ordered an 18" EBB El C. Did you go Grinch or Superdust? I got Superdust for a rigid SS setup. The build was completed yesterday. There is one thing strikingly noticable about the geometry - how short the wheel base is for a 29er - especially compared to a Vassago. I looked at the Jabberwocky, and if I understand their geometry correctly, they take the longer wheelbase of a 29er and make it even longer. You probably know this better than I considering that you had one. I can see the advantages to that, but for me I preferred the Ventana geometry as I like a "smaller" feeling bike underneath me that I can flick around alot.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got the GREEN, Due to an unfortunate hand injury over the Labor day weekend, I am unable to ride. I built it up last night and pedaled around the block (1-handed.) It already feels like night and day different. My size 12 shoe comes about 1" from the front wheel. I'm running it 1x9 with the EBB towards the rear wheel.

The Vassago was super stable on fast descents and great a technical climber, but overall was not as comfortable or fun as my previous Spot Brand. I know the Ventana will be a fun ride, but I won't know for sure for about 6 weeks :mad: :mad: :mad:

... How about those dropouts!:ihih:

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.