Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Slowpoke
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Usually this time of year we've got over a foot of unridable snow on our trails. My bikes sit gathering dust and I get fat and slower, but not this year.
Today I took advantage of the best winter in years (as far as mtbing in New York).
After months of above normal temps and no snow to speak of we finally got some really cold weather in the past few weeks. This friday it snowed enough to actually measure!
Two inches, maybe!
Then it got cold, really cold. Today the high was only around 20, but I decided to give it shot anyway. It was totally worth it, blue skies, squeeky snow shining like diamonds and the trails all to my self.
I froze my toes, wrote my name in the snow on a pond and ran out of water with a full camelback. It was a blast, and if it weren't for my feet being so cold I'd have stayed out longer. :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Oh, So Interesting!
5,843 Posts
You're lucky, Co front range is snowed in this year:

Enjoy your rideable trails while I look at my new bike and dream of dirt. Snowshoes and snowboard get me thru the winter though...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.