Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
El Moro recently upped their parking fee to 10 smackers. I've been wanting to go again but 10 bucks for parking + money for gas always makes me go ride elsewhere. Starving college kids like me can't afford 10 bucks a pop for every ride, it adds up!

Does anyone know of a nearby parking area outside of the 'official' El Moro parking site?

Thanks!

·
Registered
11,671 Posts
Two options

LBguy said:
El Moro recently upped their parking fee to 10 smackers. I've been wanting to go again but 10 bucks for parking + money for gas always makes me go ride elsewhere. Starving college kids like me can't afford 10 bucks a pop for every ride, it adds up!

Does anyone know of a nearby parking area outside of the 'official' El Moro parking site?

Thanks!
One park in cameo shores and ride in from the North. What i used to do was park near the trailhead of Boat Canyon. I'd ride PCH to the trailer park and enter el morro from there. Ride to missing link, jump the gate turn left on bommer canyon. Once on bommer go about a 1/4 mile and the trailhead for lizards is on the right. I'd ride through laguna wilderness to the ridge and then i had my choice of izza's, town trail, emerald or boat canyon. Then its a short street ride to the car.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bdee said:
Just ""recycle" your ticket.
Interesting . . . they won't care that the side with the date isn't facing up?

·
Registered
11,671 Posts
You used to be able too

bertperez said:
Does anyone park @ the school?

bert
But i think they have it restricted due to fire lane access like the entry road to the el moro parking lot. best bet is cameo shores or N. laguna

·
Registered
197 Posts
go south on pch less than one mile. There is a convience store (used to be circle K) on the left. You can park anyplace on the streets that go up the hill here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts