Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Over the Hill
1,769 Posts
Be prepared for a good bushwacking getting to Rattlesnake.

Watch yor speed at the bottom of Elevator...looks like a dozer got suck at the bottom...road total mess.

Deer Creek Trail has a sign up at Red Tail/Deer Creek stating DC area closed to bikes. I think they want us to walk down the steeps.

Nice to have it open but whoever bladed the roads made many washboards. It needs some rain out there to firm up all the loose dirt from the road repairs.

I have to admit County Fire builds some poor roads. I logged for many years and build logging roads. If we built something like they have done, the State Water Quality Board would have shut the operation down. They do not crown or ditch their roads....therefore they wash out year after year and have death ruts running down the them.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rain again

dstepper said:
Be prepared for a good bushwacking getting to Rattlesnake.

Watch yor speed at the bottom of Elevator...looks like a dozer got suck at the bottom...road total mess.

Deer Creek Trail has a sign up at Red Tail/Deer Creek stating DC area closed to bikes. I think they want us to walk down the steeps.

Nice to have it open but whoever bladed the roads made many washboards. It needs some rain out there to firm up all the loose dirt from the road repairs.

I have to admit County Fire builds some poor roads. I logged for many years and build logging roads. If we built something like they have done, the State Water Quality Board would have shut the operation down. They do not crown or ditch their roads....therefore they wash out year after year and have death ruts running down the them.
It was fun while it lasted. They will probably close it for awhile. Deer canyon was pretty rutted & gnarly. Hiked a bike through it. Single tracks are in pretty good shape eccept for being over grown(if you have bar ends beware) Definite bushwack to rattlesnake.Agree about the grading.Loose stuff and washboards. Looks like they put down gravel in parts of the canyon. A small stream crossing in the canyon. Have not seen that in years. My buddy and I were trying to figure out where the water was coming from to keep the creek running.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.