Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I was thinking about my first custom bike and since my road is older than my FS bike I decided to go with road frame. I checked quite a lot of builders and some of them are great but they have awful waiting lists and/or cost too much for frame that will be used for about 1/3 of my riding.
I would love to go with El Martillo but all info about it was pulled from Ventana's website, I wonder if it means that there will be no more El Martillo or is it still possible to get one?
Anyone?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Just wasn't enough orders for them so it got pulled from the site. But I'm pretty sure you can still get one. It's a road bike with legendary Ventana handling. It'll rock your world.:thumbsup:

·
Ventana Mountain Bikes
172 Posts
pecka said:
Hi guys,

is it still possible to get one?
Yes you can still get one. We removed Martillo from the site to make room for other higher demand frames, but they are still available as always...built-to-order. We just do not stock them. MSRP is $900. Delivery is running at about 6 weeks right now. Although we received an order for one last week and we will probably deliver on that in 2 to 3 weeks.

You can get the specs here: http://www.ventanausa.com/frame_elmartillo.html

As D-Rock stated, give us/Teresa a call 916 631 0544 x 203 for further inquiry.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your replies, I'll think it over and call Teresa.
Now is coming the hard part, choosing right color! ;)

·
Registered
168 Posts
pecka said:
Thanks for your replies, I'll think it over and call Teresa.
Now is coming the hard part, choosing right color! ;)
the color really *is* the hard part... Just don't ask Sherwood, as his answer is always 'Yellow'

Marc

·
Ultra Ventanaphile
3,346 Posts
I'm partial to blue....

BTW - surprisengly light bike. 19.8 lbs with Shimano 105 Components, It wouldn't be too hard at all to break into the 18's.

Attachments

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was thinking about white or maybe ball burnished - if available.
My current bike (frame size 66 w/ Ritchey Alu/CF fork) is about 18lbs so I hope this may make it bellow 18. ;)

·
Proud lame eBiker
2,678 Posts
S.n.a.k.e. said:
the color really *is* the hard part... Just don't ask Sherwood, as his answer is always 'Yellow'

Marc
Mark that, "Short-Bus Yellow.":p

·
Registered
168 Posts
Internal14 said:
Mark that, "Short-Bus Yellow.":p
Funny, that's not what the color is on the website... I will write that down for future reference...

·
Proud lame eBiker
2,678 Posts
ohpossum said:
:rockon: The wheels on the bus go round and round.... :rockon:

Today's show is brought to you by the numbers: 2 and 9 :D

op

OMFG op you rule! I'm so on the floor shooting milk out of my nose now after reading your post. Toooo funny! :thumbsup: :yesnod:

This is why the Ventana board is the best. These witty remarks! Gotta love it!:cool: :cornut:

·
Shot Down in Flames...
1,218 Posts
Internal14 said:
OMFG op you rule! I'm so on the floor shooting milk out of my nose now after reading your post. Toooo funny! :thumbsup: :yesnod:

This is why the Ventana board is the best. These witty remarks! Gotta love it!:cool: :cornut:
+1

D.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts