Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone having issues with their seatposts slipping? I dig the green clamp that I added in place of the supplied black one, and use a Ritchey WCS post, but the friggen thing keeps slipping down. Had the same issue with the red Salsa clamp I put on my Merlin.

It's torqued down tight, with only a very thin film of Phil Wood grease on the post. I put a piece of tape on the post to watch it, and sure enough, after last nights ride, it slipped about 2mm.

other than this small issue, my El Mar absolutely rocks! (oh, and the paint does suck as previously mentioned on another thread)

·
Registered
105 Posts
I was going to post the same thing today after yesterday's 18 miler, I had to stop twice to raise it back up. I love the bike but man the seatpost keeps slipping.

I do love the paint though, the blue looks nice, no problems yet. Also the EBB creaks from time to time.

Any owners have a solution to the slippage? EBB?

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
When I first put my Moots post on my El M, I have an issue with the collar sliding upwards and popping off releasing the seat post entirely. I tried several collars and finally found that my Kona QR collar did the trick. It was a bit of an oddity there for a week, but finally got it resolved. Good luck!

·
Bicyclist
2,849 Posts
Mine slipped, it's fixed now.

My blue clamp on my EM Complete had a machining problem. The bolt was bottoming out and would only screw in so far, not allowing enough clamping force around the seat tube. My LBS set me up with a temporary replacement and ordered a new blue one from Salsa at no charge. Not a single slippage problem since with either the temp. clamp or the new blue Salsa clamp and I'm plenty heavy enough to make a seatpost slip. :D

I would check this by either taking it off and looking at & feeling it or just try another clamp. Anyway, Salsa and my LBS took care of this quickly. :thumbsup:

·
Bicyclist
2,849 Posts
jones827 said:
I too had to get another seat post clamp. Actually, I'm on my 3rd blue lip-lock and I continue to have the problem. Guess I'm going to have to go to something else.:sad:
Are yours screwing all the way in without stopping? Mine would only screw in so far then "bottom out" and it wasn't far enough to clamp properly.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The first one....

tl1 said:
Are yours screwing all the way in without stopping? Mine would only screw in so far then "bottom out" and it wasn't far enough to clamp properly.
The first one bottomed out but the other two have not. I've got it torqued all the way down. I'm switching seat posts o see if that will change things.

·
Registered
170 Posts
is anything working? My El Mar complete has been through two bolts as the first one came stock bent. Shop charged me for the second one and finally gave me the third one.

Does a switch fro the salsa post make a difference? Would or has a Thompson worked out for anyone?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.